They do not make things like they did before

My comment on the cultural aspect of quality comes from a couple of purchasing agents, the first machine parts meet the specs but they don't keep to the quality., and working beside Chinese immigrants . We are very multicultural here. But I'm looking at this from a Canuck point of view.

I worked in China, for close to a year, they are neither lazy or stupid, if we as a country stopped buying cheap crap, they would instantly stop making cheap crap. The Chinese don’t market anything in this country, except for Milwaukee and a few other Chinese companies, the vast majority of the cheap crap, is ordered by American businesses, to fix a price structure. If for example, Target wants a table lamp, that has a sell price of $20, with a unit cost of less than $6, they will find someone to do it, how they get the cost down, is up to them. So who’s to blame, for the cheap lamp, the manufacturer or the wholesaler? We are a country that complains about cheap Chinese products, yet still want a full shopping cart from Wal-Mart for less than a $100, we are vocal against it, but still do it, who fault is that??

I pick up files from the junkyard... I bring them home and soak the in old battery acid.
It makes them like new again.... Rinse with baking soda...

Back