• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Thinking Of Buying This Jet Lathe

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

quillercam

Iron
Registered Member
I'm thinking of buying the following lathe http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bfs/5790244305.html but I'm not sure if its worth the asking price. I'm sure I can haggle off a few dollars and from reading various posts it sounds like folks like them. I asked the seller how old and he said 10 to 15 years. Any advise will be very helpful and all I'll be doing is very light R+D work, but threading is an important factor on whatever lathe I buy.
Thanks in advance. Alan

Sandia

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Alan, I had he gear head version of this lathe. Believe it was the GHB1340A model. Really liked it and it was about the same age as this one you have located. I sold mine for the same price they are asking for the one you found. Never had any problems with mine.
Bob

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
The older Jets are pretty decent lathes. I have a 13x40GH and it has good to me for the last 25 years

jpfabricator

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
A new one like it goes for twice the price and no tooling.
Being its in a commercial building, ask if it's single pz.
I personally think it's worth the asking price, but I would defiantly haggle with the seller.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

[6]
[5] [7]