Thinning down the herd .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Officially retired the beginning of this month and plan on tearing apart my shop areas . Quite an extensive list of tools , tooling and equipment . The list is long .........too long so this will be a slow process but things will move faster as I have more time . I will make a list of what I have and can go but if you have a hankering for certain items , shoot me a pm .

I have 2 people waiting on me for tap wrenches now . I'll get to you this week .

I have to say , looking forward to retirement was a dream but now it kinda sucks . I miss working already after a few weeks .

I can identify with your feelings. I worked in a job shop for 31 years. I miss my coworkers and the satisfaction I had when going home every day with a feeling of accomplishment.

I've been retired for ten years and there is little time to contemplate my navel. I sleep a lot more than I used to. No need to get up a 5AM; T can sleep until 7 or 8AM. I also get to go out fishing once or twice a week except for a few weeks mid summer when it's too got and winter. Summer involves mowing four acres lawn, field, and paths in our tree planting which is good for 4-5 hours every two weeks. I used to watch a lot more TV. Now, it is relegated to watching PBS on Wednesday nights for their documentaries. Various maintenance projects around the property are always clamoring for my attention. This forum keeps me fairly busy as well. I find that I have precious little time for machining. Certainly, there is no time for a rocking chair>

I have to say , looking forward to retirement was a dream but now it kinda sucks . I miss working already after a few weeks .
Funny how that works!!
After a year and a half of retirement, I'm having a blast.
Stay busy, no TV during the day. It will put you in the grave.

Dave, you'll do fine but I can see you doing side jobs until you can't :)

Certainly, there is no time for a rocking chair>
Long may that remain so! Rocking chair= dirt nap, no bueno.

I don’t have a farm but I might as well for the amount of effort I put in here. We’ve been here 13yrs now (!) and am starting to have to redo the original projects! And the list is outstripping my ability to catch up. The major problem is what I think it will take to do it never matches what I find when get to it. But it sure beats the rocking chair and waking up with a toe tag!

Back