Thoughts on Tormach pcnc-440?

Glad to be of some service but I'm still a newbie on most of the nuances of the machine. I've cut a fair amount of wood too (and plastic). One lesson I learned a bit ago is the importance of thoroughly vacuuming out the machine after cutting wood and plastic. The 1100 series 3 has a screen filter about 4" x 12" on the LH side of the chip pan. Coolant strains through that into the coolant tank. Mine hits a tray that directs the coolant outside the machine to an aluminum tray that sets on top of a 24-gallon Rubbermaid tub. The aluminum tray has filter paper on it for the fine stuff. My pump is a 1/2 hp sump pump.

Anyway, was running a job cutting steel using flood coolant and saw some coolant on the floor. Quite a bit actually, at least a gallon. Then heard the sump pump starting to cavitate. My screen filter was totally plugged and the chip pan was full of coolant. I've got a Millfast remote E-stop with a 4-button control to pause a routine and turn off the coolant, so not a big job to put everything on hold. The screen was full of sawdust and plastic shavings. I do a better job of washing the chip pan down with coolant and cleaning out the screen filter before running a job as a result.

Far for me to volunteer anyone's time, but the seller of my mill is the owner of www.yourlittlecncshop.com. Owners name is Chris Calvin, contact info at the website. He is super knowledgeable regarding the Tormach mills. He used to be a beta tester for new revisions of PathPilot and is a whiz at Fusion 360. He lives South of Fort Lupton, might be a resource for you, though who am I to offer up his time!

Bruce

@BGHansen
I went to wild horse-innovations to check my order, they showed pending payment which I did the same day as order. Sent them an email with confirmation #. No reply. Called their phone number listed with PayPal & their website, the guy that answered never heard of them. Totally sketchy, I wouldn’t purchase there at this point. PayPal is investigating...
Guess I need to find a new probe.

@BGHansen
I went to wild horse-innovations to check my order, they showed pending payment which I did the same day as order. Sent them an email with confirmation #. No reply. Called their phone number listed with PayPal & their website, the guy that answered never heard of them. Totally sketchy, I wouldn’t purchase there at this point. PayPal is investigating...
Guess I need to find a new probe.
Wow, sorry to hear that! I bought mine from them last fall. No issues at all; I bought mine through PayPal also.

Bruce

Back