Thread Chart??? Reproduction

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I am looking for a reproduction thread chart for my 11" lathe thats for the QCGB.I see other reproduction charts for Craftsman/Atlas but can't find one that will work for my lathe.Maybe someone knows of a source or maybe someone knows how to reproduce these,testing the water here its a long shot.I know if can't find it on ebay then there's not any.Thanks guys288264

Would one made on a pantograph work?
I've seen where the engraved letters and dividing lines were painted then the high portions buffed out.
Yes, it's the reverse of what you have... and likely want.
Certainly not OEM....
Brass and black would be cool looking. I think.

Daryl
MN

There's been some chatter recently from a couple YouTube folks (Adam Booth, Keith Rucker) about a guy who has just started making reproduction machine tags and such. I think the name was "Von Industries" or something like that. You might check out the recent videos from either Adam or Keith and see for yourself. I know they both mention the name of who to contact.

-frank

Contact member 34_40 and ask him if he could either contact for you or pass on your contract info to a gentleman who had made a few of those plates for the clausing mk3 for a few members here. Im sure if you could provide the correct image then this person could produce a very nice duplicate plate for you at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:
Would one made on a pantograph work?
I've seen where the engraved letters and dividing lines were painted then the high portions buffed out.
Yes, it's the reverse of what you have... and likely want.
Certainly not OEM....
Brass and black would be cool looking. I think.

Daryl
MN
My experience with pantograph engravers is that every new setup increases the likelihood of a screw up, on a job like that, the chances of making a mistake is astronomical; the voice of experience! Then starting over from scratch ------

I need to do something similar with an etched and painted brass plate. Checking with a trophy shop was suggested, most can laser etch and print on metal plates.

Guys thanks for ideals I am reaching out to 34 40 see if he is interested or knows someone.Guess next step be the trophy shop ideal, sure would be nice find someone who does this kind of thing.Surely I’m not only one who needs a nice thread chart.Yrs ago atlas had a brass plate with black red print very ease to read

Guys thanks for ideals I am reaching out to 34 40 see if he is interested or knows someone.Guess next step be the trophy shop ideal...

I'll be following the results...!!!

I picked up a Gorton 3U which is now operable. I've been gathering missing parts for a couple years as they became available cheap. She was a parts machine.... many of you know the story-can't pass up old iron. Anyway, I'm along way from being proficient!! Long way!! I appreciate benmychree response above. Very accurate!!

Kroll if you can't find anybody, then consider giving me a shot at it. I certainly wouldn't charge for my learning curve, or the precision scrap I create!

Daryl
MN

Will do Daryl,I also tried researching Sdam Booth which I watch his YouTube but didn’t come across anything about thread charts

Back