Thread Chart??? Reproduction

Francist,
No debate. It's clear if someone is doing a restore this is the right way to go!!

Daryl
MN

A member of another forum needed one for a different lathe. Another member who owns a laser was able to reproduce it in aluminum after we found a Jpeg of a good one for him to work off of.

A member of another forum needed one for a different lathe. Another member who owns a laser was able to reproduce it in aluminum after we found a Jpeg of a good one for him to work off of.
That was me and the member from that other site is the person i suggested Kroll to contact thru member 34_40 on here because he was the last person here to deal with the member from the other site that can make these plates. So i figured 34_40 would have the best luck contacting him. The Gentleman does AWESOME WORK and this is right up his alley so hopefully we can get them connected and he has the time to do the job!

I PM 34_40 so fingers are cross,thanks guys for the help

I thought I heard my name being called.. Hi Latinrascal, been awhile since I've been in here. I haven't done much of any shop work all winter.

Kroll, I'll be willing to help of course! I'll have to search out the contact info again plus we will need a decent template to follow. Is the plate shown above actually readable?

Hey my friend, i knew it wouldn't take to long for you to find this post.... hopefully we can help kroll out!

That was me and the member from that other site is the person i suggested Kroll to contact thru member 34_40 on here because he was the last person here to deal with the member from the other site that can make these plates. So i figured 34_40 would have the best luck contacting him. The Gentleman does AWESOME WORK and this is right up his alley so hopefully we can get them connected and he has the time to do the job!

Might have been the same story line but you and he are not the ones I was describing. Same story, different set of characters. :anon:

Point is, it's getting easier every day to replicate these old plaques. I can even tell you how to do it in brass with a laser printer and a battery charger.

Might have been the same story line but you and he are not the ones I was describing. Same story, different set of characters. :anon:

Point is, it's getting easier every day to replicate these old plaques. I can even tell you how to do it in brass with a laser printer and a battery charger.
I suppose that could be the story. Anyway yes you are correct that it is Getting much easier for the average joe to have this skill to produce very nice quality copies of these plates.

Kroll, if you look up member "Barncat", one of his earliest threads is us doing his data plate. So you can get a visual of the outcome.

Seems Holescreek also has a possible answer. I'd say investigate that avenue as well. Maybe you can DIY one for yourself? I think Latinrascal and Barncat and I spent maybe 30 bucks for a plate. Not sure if that fits into your schedule also..

Thanks guys,I now know little more about different processes.Going to check out Youtubes see what popups

Back