Threading a barrel for flash suppressor

Great advice GoMopar440, really appreciate it. Got an unrelated question now though - Why your moniker GoMopar440? The reason I ask is that I'm a big Mopar fan from way back and the the 440 is my favorite elephant motor (Well, the 426 is sexy but the 440 is lighter. :biggrin:) The first car I bought for myself was a '70 440 Cuda back in around '79 (Not the org. engine. Engine is from a '69 Roadrunner.) The car is gone but I still have some of the pieces in a pieced-together '73 Cuda that currently looks like a pile of crap but it's on my list of things to rebuild. Here's a couple old pics of the engine compartment just after I put new rockers in, try not to wince at the condition of the car itself...
-Ron

I've been a Mopar nut for many years, the 440 powered ones especially. Hence the username. I've been using it for as long as I've been using the internet.

Unfortunately I recently traded my last old Mopar before I could finish it. I had to have something more reliable and could get better than single digit MPG's I would have gotten with the 511ci stroker I was building for it. The car was a 72 Challenger I was building into a Pro-Touring / Daily Driver.

Here's a couple of pics:
headspainted.jpg
wheelsandtireson-driverfrontandr-1.jpg
Let me know if you want to see any more of it. I've got over 300 pics from the build process.

headspainted.jpg

headspainted.jpg

Very nice, that had to be a beast. Love the short tunnel ram intake manifold.

Sorry to hear that it's no longer with you. Any designs on starting another similar project somewhere in the future? Mine has been neglected for a long time but as these things aren't getting more plentiful or cheaper I am very remiss to let it go.

I really, really intend to get back to mine but try and find someone to work on a uni-body frame. :huh: Maybe after I get done with the couple of motorcycles I'm building and the tractor(s) being restored. :p

-Ron

GoMopar440,
My daughter has a 1964 300K ragtop 413 w/2 cross ram 4's. Not too many made 625 to be exact and 125 know to exist. If you know anybody that might have some parts for it let me know. It's in pretty good shape, but could use some chrome strips and a rear bumper for now, but might take anything now for extras in the future. Thanks!!
Paul

IMG00013-20110812-1310.jpg HPIM0520.JPG

I'm not looking to replace the Chally with anything else anytime soon. I'm going to college full time now (BS in Network Technology) and also trying to set some funds back to get my gunsmith shop up and running (one of these days...), so I've got a pretty full plate for now. However, I was kinda eyeballing a 1953 M37 here in town with the idea of swapping a Cummins 12 valve though. I know I'll NEVER be getting these gearhead ideas completely out of my mind. :biggrin:

As far as parts for the 300 (very nice BTW!) try looking at www.Moparts.com in the classified section. They are probably the best source for stuff like that. Then there's always Ebay as well if you can't find it there.

Looks like this thread has swung 180 degrees from the intended topic. LOL! Sorry bout that.

GoMopar440,
My daughter has a 1964 300K ragtop 413 w/2 cross ram 4's. Not too many made 625 to be exact and 125 know to exist. If you know anybody that might have some parts for it let me know. It's in pretty good shape, but could use some chrome strips and a rear bumper for now, but might take anything now for extras in the future. Thanks!!
Paul

I actually had a set of the long (2-4bbl, aluminum) cross rams that I just got rid of last year. Traded them to one of the sub-contractors remodeling our kitchen for the plumbing work. :nuts: Still bothers me that I let them go even though I would probably never get to use them on anything. :p

-Ron

I've been a Mopar nut for many years, the 440 powered ones especially. Hence the username. I've been using it for as long as I've been using the internet.

Unfortunately I recently traded my last old Mopar before I could finish it. I had to have something more reliable and could get better than single digit MPG's I would have gotten with the 511ci stroker I was building for it. The car was a 72 Challenger I was building into a Pro-Touring / Daily Driver.

Here's a couple of pics:
headspainted.jpg
Let me know if you want to see any more of it. I've got over 300 pics from the build process.

Of course we want to see the pics. :drool: Please start a tread.

Jeff

headspainted.jpg

headspainted.jpg

I really don't want to take over this thread since it's off the original topic. However, I'll post the link to the photobucket album where I have all the pics (313 total) stored. Link: http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k418/GoMopar440/Mopars/ All my photo albums are public so you can back up through the index and check out some of my gunsmithing projects I've saved in there as well.

I also have a link to the website where I documented the rebuilding of the car up until I sold it. The new owner has taken over the thread so the car's progress will continue to be fully documented. Link: http://www.moparnuts.com/forums/showthread.php?3636-72-Challenger-R-T-A

I'd have to agree... :thumbzup:

cuda440.jpg

Another "project" I need to find time for. :eek: It's a 440 and it's in a '73 Cuda that I pieced together with parts from other cars ('70 Cuda, engine from '69 Roadrunner, etc.). It used to be pretty sharp but years of neglect (an no garage) have taken it's toll.

-Ron

cuda440.jpg

Back