Threading suggestions requested

Because the flanges and buffing wheel centers are pretty thin you should also use an acme thread or they will not self center very well.

One part but once chance to do it. It's an expensive rod.
......................^^^^^^^^^^^..........................^^^^^^^^^ .........How expensive? Is it an exotic alloy? There are lots of machine shops around here that do high end work. We have one next door. You would never know that there was a machine shop there. It is so clean. I've been here for years and only saw one stray chip in the parking lot. One day we needed some work done, and walked in. The place was full of 5-axis machines doing stuff for the semiconductor fab industry. By the way, it won't cost only $60.

I've called around to a few machine shops and everyone is saying they don't do threading. It sounds like they just don't want to deal with something this small. I looked online for right and left dies. One place wanted $60 for a left hand die. No thank you.
What if I just drilled holes in the rod and used cotter pins? You think they'd hold up to the spinning?

How about asking for one our members to thread it for you? We have a section where you can post your request.

If saving money is your mail incentive you might want to think this over while at a Harbor Freight store.

Back