TIG torch water cooler on the cheap??

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Don't throw rocks at me. I checked the search, I couldn't find any threads on this subject.
Has anyone bought one of these $235 tig torch water coolers on Ebay?
It looks like they run about a litre a minute. Some are 220v which would be a PITA.
I have to buy the water cooled torch on top of the cooler if I go that direction.
Spend some time on a tig torch and you know why I want one.
Thanks guys and gals.
Testimonials please.

I was fortunate to get the water cooler with the purchase of my dynasty200. Looking at it its just a reservoir, a little pump probably could use a fish tank pump, and a trans cooler size radiator with a fan. Just circulating coolant in a loop. Looking at maybe a 100 dollars in parts and I'm sure you'd enjoy tiggin up a box to house it all;).

This guy Justin (the fabrication series on youtube) did the fish tank pump in a bucket, cooler...worked well. At any rate, they really are simple...I've eyeballed that same unit you linked to (125 amp or more for more than 10 minutes and my gloves aren't insulated enough) I really don't think you could go wrong, but I'd buy it off Amazon over Ebay, and the reviews on amazon seem decent...check it out there. Mophorn perhaps?

I’ll have to look up carbonator
A carbonator pump pumps water into a carbonator unit that injects carbon dioxide into the water, think soft drink machine that carbonate, refrigerates, and mixes flavored syrups with the water at your favorite burger joint; the pumps are a carbon vane type pump and mount directly onto a special motor.

Back