TIG torch water cooler on the cheap??

Just a quick note about carbonator pumps: they're usually pretty high pressure / high volume and have a 1/4 or 1/3 hp motor which means a lot of wasted power; plus they're noisy.

Look into a submersible aquarium or pond pump. Cheap with adequate volume and pretty noiseless. One of these in a bucket with some hoses and fittings is probably 50 bucks or so.

YMMV

Stu
What about those $235 Tig coolers on EBay with free shipping?
I would link it but I’m in a slow zone in Fortuna CA.

I just run water through the torch from the hose bib and move the discharge hose once in awhile to water the shrubs around the house.

Mine goes into the slop sink

10 liters a minute seems adequate for lower amperage

That's "free flow". You'll never get 10L/min into/out of a TIG torch setup. Not even with CK Worldwide's ultra-large coolant passage. I've done extensive testing. That being said, that's not a bad price for a chiller. To run it on 120V, just get a small voltage transformer. It should only consume about 400W max.

Here is a 110 voltmodel for $159:

They are not chillers, no refrigeration involved. Should do the job for cooling a tig torch.

Roy

There has to be a difference between a sub $250 Tig cooler and a $1,000 Miller or Lincoln cooler.
Kind of like comparing a $400 plasma cutter to a Hypertherm 45xp.
I tried to save money by buying a cheap plasma cutter, two months later I’m buying a Hypertherm.
Before I buy a Tig cooler, i’d like to see how the chiller works out.

I
That's "free flow". You'll never get 10L/min into/out of a TIG torch setup. Not even with CK Worldwide's ultra-large coolant passage. I've done extensive testing. That being said, that's not a bad price for a chiller. To run it on 120V, just get a small voltage transformer. It should only consume about 400W max.

I’m looking for the 220v version since I want to plug it into the back of my Everlast Lightning 275

There has to be a difference between a sub $250 Tig cooler and a $1,000 Miller or Lincoln cooler.
Kind of like comparing a $400 plasma cutter to a Hypertherm 45xp.
I tried to save money by buying a cheap plasma cutter, two months later I’m buying a Hypertherm.
Before I buy a Tig cooler, i’d like to see how the chiller works out.

only one way to find out. Bust open the check book....

If you're looking for the thrifty side....I'd go Amazon, at least your protected. I'm just anti Ebay, not that I don't occasionally go there for vintage machinist tools..

Chiller

If you're looking for the thrifty side....I'd go Amazon, at least your protected. I'm just anti Ebay, not that I don't occasionally go there for vintage machinist tools..

Chiller
I tried finding one there 1st that was 220V but they all are 110V like the one you linked to.

Back