Tips For Owners Of Rong Fu Rf-20, Rf-25, Rf-30, Rf-31 Mill/drills

Which model Rong Fu mill/dril or clone do you own?

• Total voters
Buy the used one, and use the savings for getting tooling or accessories. Regardless if you buy these machines new or used, they still need cleaning and adjusting, so nothing gained there.

You make a valid point.

What's the best way to hoist one of these things?

My RF-30 has no obvious means of braking the spindle while tightening or loosening the drawbar. What am I missing?

I can typically just hold the belt to loosen the draw bar. You can also buy a wrench from LMS or elsewhere that will fit the spindle splines.

Luminar spindle wrench

Edit: just saw that @mikey already posted this answer.

You make a valid point.

What's the best way to hoist one of these things?

Not sure if it's the best way but I used lifting straps that I bought at Harbor Freight and a regular engine hoist when I bought mine. You'll want to separate the machine from the base in this process. Much too top heavy to transport on the stand.

I should note that the RF-25 cost me only $200 less than the brand new RF-30. But it did come with a bit of tooling. Not a lot, but some.

I use a cordless impact driver to loosen and tighten the drawbar. I don't have to hold the spindle. When I tighten it, I only let it hit about three times after the bolt head hits the top of the spindle. The index pin is missing, but the collet chuck and the drill chuck never slip.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the best way but I used lifting straps that I bought at Harbor Freight and a regular engine hoist when I bought mine. You'll want to separate the machine from the base in this process. Much too top heavy to transport on the stand.

I've been thinking the same thing after weighing all my available options. Maybe plank up on top of the legs with some 2x6 and rest it on that to drag it around.

Maybe remove the table and try and get some straps under the bottom for the bulk of the support.

I've been thinking the same thing after weighing all my available options. Maybe plank up on top of the legs with some 2x6 and rest it on that to drag it around.

Maybe remove the table and try and get some straps under the bottom for the bulk of the support.

You can strap under the head near the column and near the spindle and it'll work great. That seems to be the accepted way and overall best for the center of gravity.

That's definitely the easiest by the looks of it. I'll crank the head all the way down and bring some extra lifting straps.

Thanks for the advice!

You may have seen my other posts but: How does an Enco 91034 compare to a Rong Fu?
Cheers
This is a great site with very helpful and pleasant folk.

I just watched a video on your Enco mill/drill and it looks like the earlier Rong Fu RF25, the 1HP version with the slightly smaller table and column. According to the video, it is made in Taiwan so the quality of it should be pretty good. I would guess it is a re-badged Rong Fu RF-25. These things are very simple to work on. If you have questions, start a thread on you mill and we'll all chip in.

Welcome to HM, by the way!

Back