Today's Joke - 2023 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan for I-95 was to leave after 9am.

350 degrees F
Ask me how I know.

I also remember when they tasted good.

I wonder what year they switched from cooking the pies in the fry basket to using the microwave? Because it's been a long time since I've thought of McDonalds pies as something that "tasted good"... :anyone:

I wonder what year they switched from cooking the pies in the fry basket to using the microwave? Because it's been a long time since I've thought of McDonalds pies as something that "tasted good"... :anyone:

Back in the day they were sure sumpthin to look forward to. Flaky crust and hot apple or cherry filling!! Taste so good make you wanna slap your momma
Don’t do that……..

Arctic Circle bought their pies from the same place as McDonald's.
When I worked there, wsometimes when we were doing prep, something happened and, oh darn, a pie was unsellable.
We had a bucket of "dead" products. We'd have burgers and such in there that were past the prime. It was not allowed to consume any product unless we paid for it, not even out of the bucket.
The bucket was dumped at the end of the day. Closing shift had to "count" the product so they knew exactly how many pies were "discarded". They never ended up in a dumpster.

Also, I used to really love the chicken sandwiches. I've wanted to find where I could buy the patties for 40 years. They're the same ones Burger King uses but the big difference in taste was that AC added cheese and used "White sauce" instead of Mayo.
I know the recipe for white sauce.

It's been 50 years and I still remember the day we were told how to make the burgers. (The ranch burger was almost the same as a Big Mac)

I know they changed because it wasn’t “healthy” to eat fried when baked was an option, but it kinda validates that quote:

“The only way to live a long time is to give up everything that makes you want to live a long time”

Just sayin ….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back