Today's Jokes - 2024

Two of us, two toilets. No problem.

Sounds like a friend of mine... Lives in a three bed end terrace. Top floor has a bathroom, ground floor (first floor to you americans, which, btw, is plain weird!) has the toilet. It's either a climb UP stairs, or DOWN stairs from the lounge. Certainly get fit running up and down those stairs on a regular basis.

Sounds like a friend of mine... Lives in a three bed end terrace. Top floor has a bathroom, ground floor (first floor to you americans, which, btw, is plain weird!) has the toilet. It's either a climb UP stairs, or DOWN stairs from the lounge. Certainly get fit running up and down those stairs on a regular basis.
Ground floor isn't the one that causes us to scratch our heads, its the car's boot and bonnet....

George Bernard Shaw was quoted in 1942 as saying, "England and America are two countries separated by the same language." In my first few years married to a Brit, my most common phrase was "meaning what. On our first day together, she asked me to "knock her up" meaning to calling on her. She was taken aback when someone at our workplace referred to a "fanny pack". I was chastised by my in laws for referring to football as soccer until I explained to them that soccer was a slurred version of association football, a term invented by the Brits to distinguish it from rugby.

We have been married now for over a quarter of a century and my wife has become Americanized to the extent that "meaning what" has become a seldom used phrase any more.

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the door.
The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push. "Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3:00 in the morning!" He slams the door and returns to bed.
"Who was that?" asked his wife..
"Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.
"Did you help him?" she asks.
"No, I did not, it's 3am in the morning and it's freezing cold and pouring with rain out there!"
"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when our car broke down in the middle of the road at 3 am, and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself!"
"God loves drunk people too you know."
The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain. He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"
"Yes," comes back the answer.
"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.
"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.
"Where are you?" asks the husband.
"Over here on the swing set," replied the drunk.

Back