Tony Needs Our Help!

I can't thank you all enough for your generosity. But please know that it is appreciated beyond words.

Ken, that screw is backing out. I wanted to know why he didn't use a lockwasher or some loctite on it. It will be at least next spring before they will consider removing it. Meanwhile, it's rubbing on the inside of the thigh muscle. It's a little disturbing to feel the muscle "jump" over the head of the screw as I try to walk. I have a feeling it's not going to wait. More surgery, but at least he said it would be just a outpatient thing. Small consolation.

For everyone having problems with the gofundme thing, I tend to agree about using PayPal. It's simple and there is no "cut" lost. I'm not sure what the problem might be, but I'm looking into it.

Thank you all!

Tony Wells

Hope you have a quick recovery and hope you're able to keep us updated on your recovery.
I'll gladly donate more if needed.

I'm not sure how the PayPal works ? Can someone enlighten me ? I have a PayPal account but do not know how to send help?
Thanks...somewhat technologically challenged at times ?

Use this direct link:

paypal.me/TonyCWells

Does PayPal take a cut when sent to paypal.me/TonyCWells?
I sent just to his email address using PayPals friend and family option. He gets every penny that way.

If you send it friends and family, they take nothing.

As Nelson said if sent to Family and Friends, they do not. It's one of the few times they don't.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, my turn to tell a broken leg story......Past February my wife and I along with 38 family and friends booked a Cruise out of Baltimore MD down to Florida and the Bahamas. Boarded the ship at 4pm in a snowstorm.......Next morning off the coast of North Carolina my wife slipped and fell on ice on the deck and broke her leg in EXACTLY the same way you did. The Xrays look identical! Exact same repair.
They were going to helicopter us off the ship but the weather wasn't cooperating so she was in the sick bay under morphine for 28 hours! Then to Cape Canaveral hospital for a week for surgery, then to a horrible rehabilitation center (Only one we could get into....Lots of broken bones in Florida!)
She took to PT like a fish to water. Worked her A** off and was walking with a walker the next day after surgery and with a cane within a week. Physical Therapy is EVERYTHING with a break like this. She is now back to 99% (8 months)....just a slight limp and she can forecast the weather three days out!

Donation sent!

God Bless.......Good Luck!

Thanks Roy! Interesting story. It's amazing how quickly (couple of seconds) things can throw a wrench in our lives. I'm glad to hear that she is doing so well. My insurance so was unwilling to pay for PT at a facility, so the best I got was a girl who came out to my home 2x a week. Then her boss came to evaluate, about 3 weeks into it, and said I could do it on my own. So that was that. I was up on a walker the next day too, but the cane came later. Probably why I have Ulnar nerve damage on top of everything else. Since she got off the walker so much sooner, did she have any issues with the feeling in her pinky and ring fingers? Mine are numb/tingling. Both hands.

Thank you for the donation. Very much appreciated.

Back