Tony Needs Our Help!

I thought the great Obama fixed all these insurance issues????? You can't believe the hard time we had with our insurance company to just get into a rehab center. They wanted us to stay in a motel and have a PT therapist visit twice a week. I fought with them for days and finally got her into a rehab center filled with intergent and mentally ill. Just like the movie "One Flew Over the CooCoos next".....But spending four weeks with them turned out to be a real life fulfilling experience. We fell in love with all of them and they thought Karen was the Queen of England! The PT folks were fantastic as they realized Karen was someone they could really work with.....Believe it or not....We actually hated to leave!

Yes, she still has twinges of buzzing and a little prick of pain here and there, but so do I at 64 years old and I didn't break anything!

You'll get better.......In 2005 I had a very bad motorcycle accident. Shattered both wrists and my right hand. The first hospital talked about amputating my right hand!!! I said no way and found the best hand and wrist Doctor in the world up in Boston. He has written three books on Hand and Wrist reconstruction. I was an experiment that went very well. Huge amounts of PT, twice a day for two hours for months......My right hand is now 100%. Recently I asked him if I could shoot my 454 Casull handgun.......he said no problem as long as you dont use your LEFT hand! Your right hand has so much metal in it that it is much stronger than your left hand!!!

Dsc_0002-vi.jpg

You'll get better...........But HAMMER that PT........If you think you did enough, you're not done......do some more. It is ALL about PT at this point.

Fortunately, I have a good friend who is a chiropractor who is working with me at no cost to keep me moving in all the right directions, and I try not to just sit around. I wander aimlessly until I can't stand it, then make another lap or two around the house before I sit down again. Not too easy since I also have back trouble, but getting old is better than the alternative still. It's getting better, but it will be a while before I get anywhere near normal. Reminds me of a hernia repair in a way.....don't pick up more than a gallon of milk! I ate a lot of cereal back then. That was 20 years ago though.....time flies!

I am always amazed at the resilience of the human body. We are made in such a wonderful, fantastic way. Some people wonder why we can't just live forever!

Back