Tool Gloat, kind of!

Charley is good folks, but you suck!! Just kidding, you two guys should team up and rent a shop space in the middle between your houses and start a small machining and tool locator service. Tell us what you are looking for and we will find you one kind of deal for a fee added to the price of the machine or tool..... One off parts could be sold for time and material plus a reasonable mark-up on the parts or material. Hmmmm, that would be a great shop to go hang out in and drink coffee all day.
Bobber

Charley is good folks, but you suck!! Just kidding, you two guys should team up and rent a shop space in the middle between your houses and start a small machining and tool locator service. Tell us what you are looking for and we will find you one kind of deal for a fee added to the price of the machine or tool..... One off parts could be sold for time and material plus a reasonable mark-up on the parts or material. Hmmmm, that would be a great shop to go hang out in and drink coffee all day.
Bobber

Bob,
Charley sucks too! Did you see that old Southbend lathe that he found stored in a loft? When he brought it to his shop Charley said “he had no need for it and would sell it” but after working on his bike the other day he thinks a bigger lathe is needed for his shop. He actually accomplished the bike work on the 10” Logan but…… Trouble is now that he has fondled the Southbend a little he has fallen in love with it. The two of us would starve to death finding a great deal once in a while and not being able to sell it to make a living, just accumulating. We would end up like Tony Wells friend down in Texas. Someone down the road of life would be trying to find a home for all the stuff we brought home and never sold or really needed.

Making parts for profit sounds a lot like work!

Charley's shop is not central but it has a coffee maker, fridge, and a hot&cold water thingy. Also no wife looking over us. If you are in the area let us know. If Charley has to work, I have a key unless he sees this and changes the lock.:lmao:

Benny, you rascal! I think Hoover may be your middle name!

By the way Steve, Charley is a rascal too? The other day he asked me to tell my wife that I wanted him to have first choice on my toys if I passed before he did.

Old machines is a hobby and a love that we are just trying to enjoy.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Charlie Davidson,! I call as I hobble up with my walker... "May I have some inserts too?"
dinkin

By the way Steve, Charley is a rascal too? The other day he asked me to tell my wife that I wanted him to have first choice on my toys if I passed before he did.

Well, I can think of nothing I'd rather do than sit around a shop that has a coffee maker, fridge and hot&cold water thingy with a couple of rascals talking old machinery.

Steve

Well, I can think of nothing I'd rather do than sit around a shop that has a coffee maker, fridge and hot&cold water thingy with a couple of rascals talking old machinery.

Steve

Anytime, Your not all that far away for a weekend trip, I used to get over to Poplar Bluff once or twice a year but not so much any more.

Bobber

I'm not too sure about that idea. Seems to me it'd be like two alcoholics opening a bar together. ;) :lmao:

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind...

-Ron

I'm not too sure about that idea. Seems to me it'd be like two alcoholics opening a bar together. ;) :lmao:

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind...

-Ron

Ron,
Your right!

Charley and I have had a discussion on the subject Bob mentioned but I think our choice of words was "Tool Junkies". The results would be the same, we would consume more than we sold.

Benny

Ron,
Your right!

Charley and I have had a discussion on the subject Bob mentioned but I think our choice of words was "Tool Junkies". The results would be the same, we would consume more than we sold.

Benny

That's kind of why I never got in to the pawn shop business - guns, guitars, tools, too much stuff that I would keep.

-Ron

Back