• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

Tool post drilling attachment

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Brento

Steel
Registered
Does anyone remember the post of someone who made a drilling attachment to a lathe tool post? If i remember correctly the person used 2 precision bearings in a holder and attached a cordless drill to drill rod which was in the bearings to a drill chuck to drill perpendicular to the part on a lathe. I had the post saved on my previous account on here but when i had to make a new account i lost alot of my saved posts.

francist

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)

Brento

Steel
Registered
Yup those would be it! Thank you so much!

rgray

Active User
This one is still going. Needs an update but haven't found the time to fix it better.
Still comes in real handy for putting a hole on center. Diameter of stock and length of drill bit can crowd things.
I have a few cutoff drills in order to use them for certain jobs. Have even used a 3/8 endmill to spot drill locations, but that is abusive to it.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/center-drill-for-lathe.10466/#post-272736

Brento

Steel
Registered
That looks interesting rgray i like the motor idea. Im not great with electrical stuff but id certainly give it a try

mickri

Registered
Registered
I won't even show you guys the crude mess I use to drill centered holes in SS tubing on my boat. Another tool holder to add to the list for the qctp that I am slowly making.

ELHEAD

Active User
Here is mine . Crude but did what was needed for me. 1/4 hp motor image.jpeg

[6]
[5] [7]