• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Toolmaster 1d Spindle Wrench

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Chipper5783

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Could someone please post me a picture of the Spindle wrench for the ToolMaster 1D (has the #40 taper, the spindle is locked at the top with the "fork", then you put the wrench in the flats at the bottom)?

Also, how thick is it (obviously something a bit under 0.50")?

I am gradually getting my machine up and running (still more cleaning, made a knee crank) next project is the spindle wrench.

I'm guessing the original is ~1/4" thick, with an opening of 2.260".

Regards, David

GK1918

Active User
I first made mine from a cardboard template. Some stock little over 1/8" Put template over the stock and sprayed it, any
rattle can color. Now the painted plate ( wrench ) I cut with plasma cutter. No plasma? a/c torch, hacksaw, anything.
then you could tweak it with an angle grinder. A wrench is a wrench - not going to a car show with it.LOL
sprayed it machine gray, no ones the wiser...... sam

[6]
[5] [7]