Toolpost indicator holders

I'd considered doing that, but I like having the additional adjustment in and out, if needed. Also, the tool holders are cheap Chinese knockoffs, so nothing lost there. Not much more than ten bucks each.
that's what you think... the Chineese toolholders are now almost twice the price.
Yea, I hear ya. I had a big thing and had to move my mount further back in the holder. it's rare though.
They look good against $90 Aloris & Dorian......and though 2x entry price, the quality control is still 25% of the real thing.
I don't like they act sticky on like-patterned tool posts, they seem OK within their own brand. Also recommend a box of dog-point setscrews, most mushroom on both ends, with problematic removal.
1st choice would be square heads, not having a recess to fill with chips. I run a bit of bearing bronze and cast iron, making those inevitable.

I'm not much of a fusion user, but my friend sent me our design file for the holder. here it is:

Attachments

• Indicator holder.zip
    439.4 KB · Views: 10
I do a lot of indicating with a four jaw chuck. For me at least, it is best to indicate the part from the top of the part leaving the
wrench unimpeded. High and low registers better in my mind than front to back so I do what works the best for me.

All things equal, up-down is expedient. Wrench position is unrecognized ergonomic issue; until that certain part in a certain lathe combination pops up. Hard to get much ooo-mph up there.

Finally we managed to uploaded it to Printables.com. here is the link. sorry for the delay.

Back