tools needed for the home machinist with a lathe and milling machine

Don’t rush get as you go don’t forget you can also make some with your machinery like small angle plates soft parallel etc

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A material straightener, first job today was 7 1/2" diameter saw cut rounds 1/2" thick, they finish at .380 +-.010" thick. 304 SS material.

They came off of the saw like Pringles™

Don’t rush get as you go don’t forget you can also make some with your machinery like small angle plates soft parallel etc

It is rather amazing what one can make when they own a lathe and mill. More a matter of time and trouble to make vs buy even for a novice like me.

It’s something to achieve I’m a retired tool room machinist and still make tools and use them

No matter how many or how few tools you have, give some consideration for where to keep them so you can find them easily. Having a tool but not knowing where it is is the same as not having it at all.
mark

No matter how many or how few tools you have, give some consideration for where to keep them so you can find them easily. Having a tool but not knowing where it is is the same as not having it at all.
mark

As I’m always looking and loosing I got over the problem by duplicating items like allenkeys

A material straightener, first job today was 7 1/2" diameter saw cut rounds 1/2" thick, they finish at .380 +-.010" thick. 304 SS material.

They came off of the saw like Pringles™
What does everyone store their tooling in when not being used?

Best coffee in town . I had a WaWa across the street from me for years until they moved it . Gotta love that 304SS . Tougher than a $2 steak .

Back