TouchDRO V "New" Status Update

I'm a total newbie to this and was looking at your "System" to put on my Grizzly G0704. I will be following this.

I finally got my scales (2 out of 4) installed and functional over the weekend and started playing with TouchDRO. (life just gets in the way sometimes). First thing I found myself looking for was the ability to quickly zero each axis individually, instead of the "zero all" button. So The new UI with zero set buttons on each axis on the main screen will be a welcome change. Thank you!

I finally got my scales (2 out of 4) installed and functional over the weekend and started playing with TouchDRO. (life just gets in the way sometimes). First thing I found myself looking for was the ability to quickly zero each axis individually, instead of the "zero all" button. So The new UI with zero set buttons on each axis on the main screen will be a welcome change. Thank you!
You may already realize this, but if you tap the display of a specific axis, you get a pop up with some additional functions, including a per-axis zero. I do agree that having that on the main panel is a good idea as it's a pretty common function.

You may already realize this, but if you tap the display of a specific axis, you get a pop up with some additional functions, including a per-axis zero. I do agree that having that on the main panel is a good idea as it's a pretty common function.
Yup, thank you. I found it. I was just saying having it in the main UI interface would be a welcome feature. :)

Hi Yuriy,
Another couple of suggestions:
Often times I like to use the feed rate & chip load functions. This requires tool info to be entered: diameter & flute no in mill mode which is obvious. it also mandates that tools offset(s) are required. This then applies an offset of the radius of the tool to the x and or Y axes depending upon the offset selected. It does not let you use the "no offset" option. I find myself wanting the feed rate and chip load info , but not not wanting an offset applied. Is this possible?
Similar functionality for the lathe functionality with SFM or m/min & chip load would be nice.

In lathe mode, and with a tacho implemented, it should be possible to display feed rate ("/rev or mm/rev for turning) and screw pitch for screw cutting (ie TPI or pitch in mm).

One comment related to an earlier post in this thread regarding using metric on one axis and inch on another simultaneously. I am a metric guys naturally as is most of the world, however I use vintage machines and or make parts for old machines etc that have inch dimensions or controls (eg machine feeds etc in inches). Therefore it is quite handy to have the axes in different units. Eg I think in metric, but if I need to to turn a 1" diameter part it is "easier" to work toward a dimension of 1.000" rather than 25.40mm for that feature. It is a feature unique to Touch DRO compared to other DROs, and hence yet another reason TouchDRO is such a nice system.

Keep up the great work. I love the TouchDRO and just ordered my 3rd unit to expand onto yet another machine in my workshop.
Regards
Steven

For the first suggestion (configurable axis buttons) I will need to experiment a bit to see how much work that would be. I contemplated removing the units button from there already, since I can't really think of a good use case when a person would want to have one axis in inches and another in millimeters. I might be able to make just the last button configurable relatively easily.

Thank you
Yuriy
I guess I'm going to be "that guy".
I often have metric and inch on at the same time. I do a little bit of retrofitting and I might have to mate a metric part to a "standard" part. I made one just last weekend, in fact.

The weird thing is sometimes I'm retrofitting something that already has mixed units. The machines I have at work are VERY old and have had a lot of retrofitting.

Well, the good news is that I made it so it can work for all sorts of guys :)
I made it so there are three button placeholders next to each axis. For each of them, you can decide what buttons to show in that spot. This is configurable per axis, so you can have completely different buttons for X, Y, Z, and Alpha. Moreover, you can decide which buttons show up when the side panel is collapsed and expanded (again, configurable per axis).
I might (still contemplating this) make it four buttons so you can have a different button in the expanded state.
This should be flexible enough...

I'm wrapping up manual pages for this functionality and will post some screenshots in a few days, so stay tuned.
Yuriy

Well, the good news is that I made it so it can work for all sorts of guys :)
I made it so there are three button placeholders next to each axis. For each of them, you can decide what buttons to show in that spot. This is configurable per axis, so you can have completely different buttons for X, Y, Z, and Alpha. Moreover, you can decide which buttons show up when the side panel is collapsed and expanded (again, configurable per axis

Oh wow, that's very cool! To me this is one of the bigger advantages to TouchDRO over the "fixed" LCD displays, the ability to display on a tablet which allows this sort of configuration. Can't wait to see it in action!

Noticed that Yuri published some updates in his blog recently regarding the new version.

This new version looks great, lots of useful new features!

Back