Trav-a-dial Model 6A

I tried that. Check out the one hole on the back side of the dial. It's just the aluminum casing under the black paint. Is yours the same model as this one? Can ya post a pic of the screws/etc?
DSC03399.JPG

travadial1.jpgtravadial2.jpgtravadial1.jpgtravadial2.jpgSo the screws that you see are not the originals. If I recall I think they were flatheads. I recall using an endmill to cut that epoxy out as well.

That is indeed where the screws are, you just need to dig deeper. That is the same model that I have, there are 6 screws.

so the epoxy must be made of aluminum? It's the exact same color as the rest of the housing (underneath the black paint.) How deep are the screws from the surface of your housing?

ill guess an 1/8"
Use a slightly smaller diameter endmill and ease down in there. you will find the screw. the screws are countersunk type. just expose the head and unscrew them.

On the ones that I have, the screws are about .050" below the surface.

what is the diameter of the screw head please sir?

The screws are #6-32, and the heads are about 9/32" diameter.

The scrapers that I mentioned are or were available from Travadial, they are a bronze stamping that fits over the roller end of the device and is located with stamped ears against the sides of the body.travadial scraper 001.JPGtravadial scraper 002.JPG

Back