Treadmill motor / control board help needed

use the one control to run both just don't run them at the same time. that is what i did. my atlas lathe and my band saw. which i can cut metal with

KB DC Motor Control. Part number KBIC-125 is what I used and have been very satisfied with it's performance. Bought used and new on eBay. I got a heat sink from the scrap yard and attached it with the heat transferring goo and haven't had any problems. I think the amp rating is probably a stall amperage as they draw nowhere near that when actually turning. Motors only draw as many amps as you need for the job and as long as you're not stalling it completely which is pretty self destructive on something that rotates, you'll be fine.There are several versions but you can discern which you think is best from online info. I'm sure the others mentioned in this thread have served their owners well also. Good luck.

KB DC Motor Control. Part number KBIC-125 is what I used and have been very satisfied with it's performance. Bought used and new on eBay. I got a heat sink from the scrap yard and attached it with the heat transferring goo and haven't had any problems. I think the amp rating is probably a stall amperage as they draw nowhere near that when actually turning. Motors only draw as many amps as you need for the job and as long as you're not stalling it completely which is pretty self destructive on something that rotates, you'll be fine.There are several versions but you can discern which you think is best from online info. I'm sure the others mentioned in this thread have served their owners well also. Good luck.

I have the same KB controllers on hand, they are good units and easy to tweak.

OK. I have one M60 board setting on a large transformer that I guess I'll try. I put the word out, at the metal yard today, That I am looking for treadmills. Need to build up my transformer reserve!

Thanks for all the help, guys,
Rick

An update..... I now have 17 motors and control boards. Last two were commercial models with flywheels like coffee cans.

Back