Trouble in tool paradise

Lesson learned: prefer USA suppliers even for a little more money and if there is a problem immediately request a refund though eBay and/or cancel the credit card transaction. Sometimes you get lucky.

Not the easiest to do. I would bet this guy is from China. Had an issue. all his replies came in between 1 and 2 am, and very poor english. Same BS from him, I spent several days convincing this guy that a tail light was defective. I explained that that even hooking it i\up straight to a battery, it did not work. Then he wanted my to try it on the other side, UMMM no!, not doing that. Then he wanted me to pay $5 to get quicker shipping, UMmm again, NOOOO! I then said his next message better have a refund, or tracking number, or my next will be to Ebay. I got the tracking number, and the tailight in a few days.

I ordered from him, because it said based in the USA.

Well here we are again, they are asking for a video again !!!
I replied, again, I do not have the capability to video and I say for the last time replace it or refund !!
E-Bay says to contact them tomorrow for their assistance on this.
That's the plan now, that's the second bad round with Chinese dealers on E-Bay for me, strike three aint gonna happen
cuz I'm done playin a rigged game.................

The only thing they fear is a bad review. Threaten them with that early on to get the best results.

This has gone on too long.

Step one request refund from vendor...no exchange as rest is same.

Step 2 request PayPal cancel and refund.

Done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can even run into trouble with US based suppliers. I once bought something from Chino and ran into the same problems, including messages sent during Asian business hours and attempts to run out the clock. I talked to someone I know in the Chinese export business and he called me an idiot. He said that Chino means China in Spanish and it is a code. If I want a US supplier, don't get it from "China".

I bought (or tried to) the cheap small lathe chucks discussed here awhile ago. After not receiving the chuck which was what I figured would happen, I left negative feed back on EvilBay. Shortly after the sale was cancelled and the negative feed backs all disappeared. If the People would have just said "We screwed up and made a mistake with the price.) I would have dropped the matter with no feed back given.

I was one of the participants in that case unfortunately, but I did get my money back
and also would have understood if they had owned up to the mistake.............

I got a cheap ER32 collet set from Amazon. Fortunately I had read on another forum how someone had to chuck the closer nut into their lathe to make it concentric. I don't know if this is the same problem you had but once I trued the closer nut up it works as good as I would expect for $44.

Most Chinese eBay sellers don't want anything back, or to give any refunds, go figure. I had one sell me a VFD that was under the capacity advertised in the listing. After going back and forth with them (please send a picture, please send a picture, etc.) I just told them how much money to refund to my PayPal.

This is the approach I would take with any Chinese suppliers, if their description matches what you got they will consider themselves to be in the right. If it doesn't, they will still consider themselves to be in the right. They know they're selling to a price point and you can be sure there's plenty of profit for them even as cheap as they're selling for. It's a matter of volume, and refunding you part or all of your purchase price is just part of the cost of doing business. The person who answers your email doesn't have any idea of what you are doing with the widget they sold so don't expect that. Also, try to work with a percentage of the price you paid. Doing the currency conversion isn't as easy as saying here's a 20% refund. Also, don't expect the threat of a negative review to phase them, eBay sellers know how to manipulate the system with multiple profiles.

I learned a long time ago when a Chinese woman blatantly cut in front of me at the grocery store that they aren't operating under the same rules we (most westerners born before 1980) were taught as children. It's not that they aren't decent folks, they're just working from a different cultural playbook.

So, as has been said so many times on the forums. Chinese tools are best considered "kits". You'll probably get most of what you need to make it work but don't expect them to perform straight out of the box. If you have the budget definitely patronize one of the better suppliers, US or otherwise. There's definitely good stuff out there for those that are willing to pay.

Cheers,

John

I played this situation through E-Bay's complaint system and after all the back and forth com. issues reached the time allotment I asked for E-Bay to step in as per their instructions then posted a negative review on the seller.
Then after returning home from a dinner out four or five hours later I found that the seller has now given me a full refund apparently at E-Bay's request, and is pleading for me to remove the negative feed back.............Not likely................:(

Doing some more reading on here and it looks like I may have been wrong. I read where someone had tried up theirs and assumed that was what I needed to do with mine. It seems to work fine but I wonder if I screwed it up. Guess I have a lot to learn....

Back