Turret lock fab, Logan. Will this work?

No I thought the same thing. I can't tell that the bolt on top does anything
When you take it out what’s underneath it?

Still worth reaching out to Scott. Have you checked to see if a tailstock is available?

Even if one is it’s likely to be pretty spendy, but it’s worth finding out.

John

When you take it out what’s underneath it?

Still worth reaching out to Scott. Have you checked to see if a tailstock is available?

Even if one is it’s likely to be pretty spendy, but it’s worth finding out.

John
Tailstock is available, about $1200.

I have locked the turret in place by laying a piece of stock much like the piece you show on the ways marked 1/2 x 3/4 in front of the turret. That stops the turret from moving to the rear. There is a v shaped part on the turret that stops the movement.
Next I made a threaded bar with a slot running front to back. Then I used a port like the one shown on your turret. The bar was a slip fit in the port and locked with a bolt in slot
to keep it from spinning in the port. To advance the center I mounted in the movable threaded bar I used a threaded wheel that fit the threaded bar. If you need a pic I can post one.

I have locked the turret in place by laying a piece of stock much like the piece you show on the ways marked 1/2 x 3/4 in front of the turret. That stops the turret from moving to the rear. There is a v shaped part on the turret that stops the movement.
Next I made a threaded bar with a slot running front to back. Then I used a port like the one shown on your turret. The bar was a slip fit in the port and locked with a bolt in slot
to keep it from spinning in the port. To advance the center I mounted in the movable threaded bar I used a threaded wheel that fit the threaded bar. If you need a pic I can post one.
Love to see a pic!

I don’t have a tailstock only a turret on my Clausing 5900 series a . I drilled and tapped a hole and used this T handle to tighten the gib when using a center . Maybe you could do similar on yours

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpeg
    IMG_1576.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 11
I don’t have a tailstock only a turret on my Clausing 5900 series a . I drilled and tapped a hole and used this T handle to tighten the gib when using a center . Maybe you could do similar on yours
I like that. To be honest I wondered about doing that but was not sure tightening down on the gib was a good idea. Not sure why I thought that. If you look at the photos I posted there are threaded holes in the side of the turret base that I think are to adjust the gibs. I guess I could take one of those screws out and replace it with some sort of T-handled screw like you. Would that hold it?

I guess you could easily just try one screw and tighten it and see if it locks it enough for your liking .

Attachments

• IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 7
Back