• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Two stroke compression ignition engine

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

ybyo

Swarf
Registered Member
Dear all,

I started to this project literally in 2011. But that was searching, reading and gathering info phase. I came across with mini diesels or more right definition "compression ignition" engines on web, got very excited.
Then military service, marriying etc phase 1.5 year lag :)
Anyway, basically my engine is modified bollaero 1.8 which is a very known free design. I changed it to metric, made CAD assembly and started machining 3 years ago, 2014.

This was my first IC engine, i have made steams before but i reached another area and found that i've read just a little about these new stuff... Too many tryings, bended pins, conrods, leakings.... I even don't have to mention about finding ETHER ! I was just to getting in depression. And more read about "lapping". I knew it but not sure about its importance. Thanks to modelenginenews.org , valic000 on youtube and more other guys, forums, postings, i have managed it stabilized at last.

This is my little guy people ;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7K9EgrIx8

One more compression ignition engine? Ermm i have to think about it :)

royesses

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Very nice project.

ybyo

Swarf
Registered Member
Dear all;

I added ball bearings to crankcase and made another crankshaft + dynamic balancing (not perfect but as close as i can get),
I used oil sealed ball bearing for inner one to reduce pressure leakage in the crankcase, i'm very satisfied with results so far i did.
I will measure revolution with a propeller next.

larry4406

Neat! sounds much better with the crank and bearing upgrade.

ybyo

Swarf
Registered Member
Here with the prop 9x6 @4600 rpm ;

I wrote few notes in the description, it is basically slower then my previous video because i downgraded kerosene ratio to ~%30. I will use this 200mL mix to adjust joints to each other, dont want to take risk , it is getting hotter after :)

[6]
[5] [7]