Uncovered an interesting micro-lathe

These little machines are best used to make smaller parts and normally they can't cut external threads without some
expensive attachments
But they can do a lot
A set of collets and a collet chuck is a desirable accessory to have

I have one, also. They are very capable machines, provided you stay within the performance envelope of the lathe.

You appear to have many accessories in the box , notably the grinding wheel attachment and the 4jaw independent chuck.
It also appears that you may have a rotary table attachment, but i can’t be certain from the picture 2
Thanks for your observations. I wasn't sure if the pole was for the mill-mount or another purpose. I wish I had more time to explore the pieces, and to remove it from the base to ship it back home. My focus for the week was caring for 2 elderly relatives, but I'll return in a few months and pack it up.

@bythelake,
You have found a beautiful example of a Unimat SB200
I have one in the same condition.
They are capable machines.
I made a few videos (24) hacking on different materials with my SL1000 ( European version of the DB200)

When I saw this thread I knew the doc would be making his contribution. :)

You have one of those models that turns into a mini mill!
I can’t tell by the pictures, but you appear to have the riser, but i don’t see the slotted table attachment that is installed on the cross slide to provide a working surface with clamping capability
There were some other boxes nearby that I didn't have time to explore. I suspect other pieces may be nearby. When I return, I'll be sure to familiarize myself with the components and optional accessories from other posts so I can better recognize them.

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciated.

You appear to have many accessories in the box , notably the grinding wheel attachment and the 4jaw independent chuck.
It also appears that you may have a rotary table attachment, but i can’t be certain from the picture 2
I also found a jigsaw attachment, not realizing it was for this unit. It's still there, so I'll have to carefully review the boxes for parts.

You might find this video interesting, as it is MrPete working with one of these lathes, and showing a few tips and tricks for it:

Hmm, not letting me post it, but if you search YouTube for tubalcain and Unimat you will find it.

You might find this video interesting, as it is MrPete working with one of these lathes, and showing a few tips and tricks for it:

Hmm, not letting me post it, but if you search YouTube for tubalcain and Unimat you will find it.

He is happy to talk about Unimats right now.

Back