[4]

Unidentified Inserts!

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

SmokeWalker

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
Hello,

I have some inserts from Circle Machine Co I want to use, but I don’t have a suitable holder for them. They are labeled:

“Circle Precision Inserts
Catalog No: TP 405
Grade C3: 7895
Radius: .007

S32-AE 3502-P

They are a little less than .250 inscribed circle, (that is, the circle goes past the edge a hair) they are .98 thick, and have a 20º relief.

Can anyone hook me up with a holder of some kind?

I called the number 818 357 7046, and nobody seems to be home…

SW.

mikey

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
You might try emailing Widia (took over Circle Machine) to see if they can cross reference that insert to the appropriate tool holder. With a nose radius of 0.007", I'm going to guess it fits a boring bar. TN7 is a cermet grade commonly used for boring inserts by CM, which would support that guess.

jdedmon91

Registered
Registered
A photo of the inserts would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokeWalker

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
You might try emailing Widia (took over Circle Machine) to see if they can cross reference that insert to the appropriate tool holder. With a nose radius of 0.007", I'm going to guess it fits a boring bar. TN7 is a cermet grade commonly used for boring inserts by CM, which would support that guess.
Yep. They have no ideas. Ever make your own insert holder?

mikey

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
No, I don't use carbide much except for boring bars, and I use carbide bars for that. That insert is a typical triangle insert and there is a lot of info on the net and Youtube about making holders. Shouldn't be too hard.

[6]
[5] [7]