Update on my fire insurance contents settlement.

Maybe you should invest some of that money in a sprinkler system for the new shop :)

Smart a$$!:))

- - - Updated - - -

Great to hear things worked out for you. To often it seems to go in the opposite direction when dealing with insurance companies.
I know you'll have fun spending all that money.

You ain't kidding!

So many people told me I'd be bent over by the ins co, including the Fire Chief the night of the fire, that I was tempering my expectations.

Can't say enough great things about State Auto!

- - - Updated - - -

Ken--you better get that new shop built fast or you will have to build it around all your new purchases--did they pay you for your shop building or garage also? remember to build the shop first and large enough----Dave

They paid me my maximum coverage on the structure itself almost immediately. That should cover most of the rebuilding cost but since I want bells and whistles I'll have to add some money from the contents settlement.
I'll use it to build a nice garage for our cars and the wife's gardening stuff but I'm going to be building a dedicated shop in my 30 x 80" steel framed "barn".
I'm thinking 8" reinforced slab, ICF walls inside the "barn", and a full length bridge crane.

This is really fun!

Ken---some of us just have fun in life---enjoy your new adventures----Dave

Ken, I'm so happy that everything worked out so well for you. :))

Great insurance company! I've seen so many people get porked by their insurance adjusters that I could write a book about it.

It's nice to see that there are still some decent insurance companies out there.

Marcel

Ken---some of us just have fun in life---enjoy your new adventures----Dave

And some of us live vicariously through others. :lmao: Keep us updated on your adventures as you rebuild your shop. Congratulations on a fair and equitable settlement.

Dave

Back