V12

Wow, that's a lot of metal in the bottom of that oil pan! Can you tell what metal it is? Babbit? Steel? Bronze?

Also try inspecting the oil filter media for more clues. Hope the engine is not hurt!

Is that a giant micrometer hanging on the wall? Just coming into view at about 1:50 in the video "Inside a 63 liter Russian V112"?
Is it really 63 liters (3,845 cu. in.)? It looks like it could be but that is huge. Any idea of the horsepower (or kilowatts)?
The rod/crank arrangement is really interesting.

Anyway you have quite a project going. It is really fun to watch when I don't have to get my hands dirty!

Last edited:
Is that a giant micrometer hanging on the wall? Just coming into view at about 1:50 in the video "Inside a 63 liter Russian V112"?
Is it really 63 liters (3,845 cu. in.)? It looks like it could be but that is huge. Any idea of the horsepower (or kilowatts)?
The rod/crank arrangement is really interesting.

Anyway you have quite a project going. It is really fun to watch when I don't have to get my hands dirty!
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/swedes-have-bigger-micrometers.64529/

Finish schnell boot original Born with 3 Zvezda v12 diesel engines 63000 ccm and 1200ps around 2000 rpm this boat was schrapped in dk because off bad condition off Wood please take a closer look on youtube on : nuoli 12

Last edited:
I would not have discovered your crazy V12 into a Volvo project if it were not placed in the Van Norman section. My kind of crazy by the way. Perhaps the new home for your thread is a better fit - at least I could still find it! I thought of you when my YouTube feed turned up this Russian Tank V12 into a Volvo video:
Personally, I see no good reason for his chassis to be as long as it is. The engine can be closer to the firewall / toeboard & there is a lot of space ahead of the engine. I'm rooting for you if y'all race.

I would not have discovered your crazy V12 into a Volvo project if it were not placed in the Van Norman section. My kind of crazy by the way. Perhaps the new home for your thread is a better fit - at least I could still find it! I thought of you when my YouTube feed turned up this Russian Tank V12 into a Volvo video:
Personally, I see no good reason for his chassis to be as long as it is. The engine can be closer to the firewall / toeboard & there is a lot of space ahead of the engine. I'm rooting for you if y'all race.
He is just a boy who has drawn everything on cad. no sense of boddy lines

Short the frame and the engine is going further down
The location of the engine will be approximately here

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

DSC_0492.JPG

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0495.JPG

DSC_0496.JPG

DSC_0498.JPG

DSC_0499.JPG

DSC_0500.JPG