Vertical Distance Between Hyneman Shelves?

Don't make all the same spacing unless you want to not have to check if the item that is too tall for one won't fit any. I have some cheap shelving sold for retail back rooms. 4' wide 8' tall with adjustments at 2". I don't like having all of them 24" deep! 18" for most would be better. I like being able to change the spacing, so I would always go for adjustable. For some things I like to keep the dust off so have doors. Small items work best in drawers. The price of roll around tool cabinets has gone up considerably. I have two US Generals, Harbor Frt. They are quite nice.

Industrial Rivet shelves can be had used for less than new steel would likely cost and they are adjustable. I like my tall shelf on the bottom so I can place stuff directly on it with a hand truck.

I bought 19 - 4' x 7' x 18" shelves for $650 recently. Had to pick them up but still cheap compared to new or building them myself.

IMG_1833.jpg

John

Regarding used shelves, there is no point in trying where I live. I would grow old and die waiting for some to appear on the web.

I already have tool chests. I need shelves for bigger things.

The Home Depot shelves look fine for small garages, but I want at least 8' in height. To get to the square footage of shelf space I have now, I would have to buy about $630 worth of those shelves.

Two-by lumber is relatively cheap right now. I was hoping to avoid using wood, though.

“You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!” SuperChicken.

You should know better than to stand too close when the Super Sauce takes effect.

A local supply house for seals and orange like this uses dorm shelving.

Cinder blocks stacked with wood as shelves.

Works well and easy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back