VFD problems.

Scan and post the parameters, and we, collectively, should be able to help. A lot of times, translated instructions have different meanings.

The manuals often use goofy terms- "main rising velocity" I believe is your accel time, and yes mS would be milliseconds.
In most cases the existing controls can be re-wired to control the vfd for things like stop/start and reverse
once you have the motor wired direct to the vfd output
The vfd output stage can be damaged if the motor circuit is opened under power, that's why there must not be any switches in between

Last edited:
Well. I wired 220V single phase and the motor directly to the VFD and Wired the switch the X4, X5 and The common port on the VFD and tried it...no joy, goes straight to error 1. I deprogrammed the thing so I could turn it on from the VFD Pannel and still no joy, goes straight to error 1.
Here is the set of instructions.....really hope someone can assist. Scan_20231212 (5).pngScan_20231212 (4).pngScan_20231212.pngScan_20231212 (2).png

BTW... I did check every winding in the motor. They all check out with what I think is the correct number of Ohms and every winding has continuity, and nothing goes to ground.

Attachments

• pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 6
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Can you post your parameters you have and disconnect all external controls? Are you connected directly to the motor? In other words, setup the machine to run solely off the VFD first to reduce other complications. You can change components after you get it running.

Can you post your parameters you have and disconnect all external controls? Are you connected directly to the motor? In other words, setup the machine to run solely off the VFD first to reduce other complications. You can change components after you get it running.
Will do tomorrow....[Enroute to Pulaski VA on business right now] VFD is connected directly to the motor with absolutely nothing in between. I even disconnected the breaker box on the back of the machine. It will take 2 minutes to disconnect the VFD control wiring. I will then try it and then re-set all the parameters on the VFD to factory settings and try again.

Will do tomorrow....[Enroute to Pulaski VA on business right now] VFD is connected directly to the motor with absolutely nothing in between. I even disconnected the breaker box on the back of the machine. It will take 2 minutes to disconnect the VFD control wiring. I will then try it and then re-set all the parameters on the VFD to factory settings and try again.

Those instructions look VERY familiar. :)
I should warn you that it is very possible that by switching the motor, you have destroyed the VFD already. These things take your 220V input, rectify it to DC, and then use that stored power to generate a simulated AC signal. Cutting power to the motor traps a LOT of energy in places the electronics have no protection for (gotta save money somewhere).

Back