VFD questions as promised .

The manual is very basic, if you take a picture of the motors, I can give you recommended parameters. It can be run off of a 20A breaker, I assume the motors are 2 Hp or less. If the purpose is to just show that the mill/lathe run there may be some work around as to direct wiring to the motor, but only to show that the motors work. Depends on if there are any transformers or contactors in the control circuit.

If the purpose is to just show that the mill/lathe run there may be some work around as to direct wiring to the motor, but only to show that the motors work.
Yes , that is my intentions as I may have some larger equipment coming in soon . They will be back in the original shop and I'll go back to a RPC as in the past .

Here is what I came up with on a recent setup of the same VFD on my surface grinder.
You will have to have the motor plate specs for your application at hand when setting!

EDIT: but 68 & 69 need to be 160 & 300 respectively

Aaron

Attachments

• XSY-AT1 Aaron's Notes.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 11
Since it is just for demo just wire straight to the motor. The generic settings should be fine just to run the motor under minimum load

Many mills just use a switch for forward-stop-reverse, so no need to wire directly to the motor if you just leave the switch in the forward run position and control it with the VFD for testing purposes. Some of the parameters would need to be adjusted for the specific motor. As default should be able to run from the control panel and use the control panel speed pot.

P00 = 220V (motor voltage)
P01 = 60 Hz (motor base frequency)
P18 = motor revolutions at 50Hz (not sure on this one if you would use @50Hz or @60Hz which is the motor base frequency in the US. 4P motor try 1450 and 1750 RPM)

P78-85 is current overload in mA (A x 1000), would need to see what the default is for your model, assume this is the motor amps.

Attachments

• AT-1 VFD Manual.pdf
    384.7 KB · Views: 2
Back