VFD will not Stop/Reset or Run

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I must have done something wrong. I am trying to program my KCLY KOC 100 1R5S2-B VFD. My situation is I cannot turn it off without unplugging the power cord. So, the Stop/Reset button does nothing. The Run button also does nothing. The remote light is on. When I try to change any parameters the data /enter button seems to be useless. I would like to just get it back to basics. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like it is programmed for remote operation, so the keypad will not work. There should be a parameter for selecting remote or keypad operation in your parameter list, if you can change that to keypad, then it should return it to being able to use the keypad buttons. If you can’t get in to change the parameters, see if your manual has a procedure for factory reset, that should return it to being able to use the keypad, but will remove any other changes you made as well and will require to program again from the beginning.

Same here- try a factory reset
If it has been this way from the get-go it may be time to return it

You have it set for remote, relax and go through your manual again

Sounds like it is programmed for remote operation, so the keypad will not work. There should be a parameter for selecting remote or keypad operation in your parameter list, if you can change that to keypad, then it should return it to being able to use the keypad buttons. If you can’t get in to change the parameters, see if your manual has a procedure for factory reset, that should return it to being able to use the keypad, but will remove any other changes you made as well and will require to program again from the beginning.
I agree it does look to me like it is configured for remote. I have been trying to get it back to keypad mode but nothing I have tried seems to work. If I am correct i should be able to change the b-9 00 but when I do this and press the data enter button nothing changes. it all seemed to work when i put it in my storage cabinet but that has been 2 years ago so my brain has become foggy since. LOL Thanks for responding

I am not familiar with your brand of vfd but many you push a button on the keypad to toggle between local and remote.

I agree it does look to me like it is configured for remote. I have been trying to get it back to keypad mode but nothing I have tried seems to work. If I am correct i should be able to change the b-9 00 but when I do this and press the data enter button nothing changes. it all seemed to work when i put it in my storage cabinet but that has been 2 years ago so my brain has become foggy since. LOL Thanks for responding
Could you hard wire in a some remote switches?

If you want to set the VFD back to the default settings, you need to set A0-09 to either 1 if you want everything reset all parameters except the motor parameters, or 2 will rest all parameters back to default. See Page 70 of the manual. You need to enter the motor parameters and some basic setup parameters based on the application and the VFD control method.
1671823016553.png
If I know what the application is for the VFD, how you want it controlled (i.e. from the VFD panel or separate input controls, either 2 wire or 3 wire) and the motor name plate values, I can provide some more guidance as to parameters and setup. You can either do that in this post or you can PM me and I can help you off line.
Mark

You should be able to switch out of remote mode which is what you are in. Hit PRG + enter, and/or check that b9-01 is set to 0. If that doesn't work then try a reset.

1671823546182.png
1671823663350.png

If you want to set the VFD back to the default settings, you need to set A0-09 to either 1 if you want everything reset all parameters except the motor parameters, or 2 will rest all parameters back to default. See Page 70 of the manual. You need to enter the motor parameters and some basic setup parameters based on the application and the VFD control method.
View attachment 430820
If I know what the application is for the VFD, how you want it controlled (i.e. from the VFD panel or separate input controls, either 2 wire or 3 wire) and the motor name plate values, I can provide some more guidance as to parameters and setup. You can either do that in this post or you can PM me and I can help you off line.
Mark
Mark, I followed your instructions and tried to reset to A0-09 to 2 and when i hit data /enter button the display reads 001.32 and the remote LED is still on. I also tried the first example, and it did not work either. I do not understand what MF. K Key function means.

Back