VFD will not Stop/Reset or Run

MF.K is a multi-function key/sequence. Try pressing both the PRG +enter together. Have no idea what 001.32 means, it is not an error code. To get to the functional code in the programming mode you need to hit the PRG/ESC button followed by the down key for each lower level and enter key to access that level, then the up down keys to select the value, then hit enter for it to accept the change. Hitting the PRG/EXC does not save the parameter but brings you back one menu level. You might also call or email the dealer you bought the VFD from. I have not used this brand, so without hands on it is hard to evaluate how it works.

The vfd seems to be set to not allow saving parameter changes. It maybe locked by PIN number. In the manual there should be a section on this.

Looking at the manual it shows A0-00 as the password or pin setting. If there is any value there then a password is set.

Have you tried wiring a Stop switch?

Last edited:
MF.K is a multi-function key/sequence. Try pressing both the PRG +enter together. Have no idea what 001.32 means, it is not an error code. To get to the functional code in the programming mode you need to hit the PRG/ESC button followed by the down key for each lower level and enter key to access that level, then the up down keys to select the value, then hit enter for it to accept the change. Hitting the PRG/EXC does not save the parameter but brings you back one menu level. You might also call or email the dealer you bought the VFD from. I have not used this brand, so without hands on it is hard to evaluate how it works.
Okay I will try to his hitting the PRG+enter together. I bought the unit from Ebay a couple of years ago so I am sure itis no longer in warranty even tho I have never been able to make it work. I may just be stuck with a bad memory of VFD's lol. I since have bought a Rotary Phase converter from American Rotary . I just want this VFD working so I can put a 3 phase motor on another vintage lathe. thanks for your response.

The vfd seems to be set to not allow saving parameter changes. It maybe locked by PIN number. In the manual there should be a section on this.

Looking at the manual it shows A0-00 as the password or pin setting. If there is any value there then a password is set.

Have you tried wiring a Stop switch?
It is at A0-00. I thot the same thing. Thanks for your response. I am beginning to really like this forum. Lots of activity here unlike the Clausing forum I am on.

Unlikely that the VFD is password protected if you can access the programming. That being said, mainstream VFD's are often sold with a specific set of VFD parameters that cannot be changed as they are for a specific build specification. This is quite common for many VFD's sold on eBay. Additionally, if a VFD sits on the shelf for a long period of time (more than a year) without being powered up the capacitor banks degrade and are more likely to fail on power up. This VFD manufacture mentions that powering down the VFD while the motor is running can damage the power output section, and that one should wait an hour before turning it back on (which is much longer than any other brand). VFD's when powered up have an inrush current limiter that switches out after a short period once powered up, if the VFD is powered up too soon after shutting it off, or too frequently will cause this limiter to overheat/fail.

1671906435594.png

Well shoot. I was hoping we were neighbors, and I could stop by and lend a hand but I'm in Brazoria County and that round trip would take 3 tanks of gas.
By Texas standards we are neighbors. LOL I'll check the map and see where Brazoria is. I certainly do appreciate the helpful gesture. I've decided to keep the VFD's as a reminder to not buy things I know nothing about. LOL They have become a great source of frustration when it is too cold to get out in my shop and do something enjoyable. lol . I am really excited today because it is going to get up to 50 degrees. I've been in the house with frozen feet for the last 3 days due to "Global Warming " lol

What an idiot I am. After 2 years of dealing with the stop issue on both the VFD's that I have I realized What Old age has to do with brain cells. Watching Finno's programming video and reading the captions and writing every word of the captions down on paper my brain thawed out. The stop and run buttons only control the motor. I have been trying to shut the power off to the VFD with the Stop and Run Buttons. I did not even have a motor connected to the VFD ! Now that I have that peice of information in my head i have connected the 2 hp motor and now I have the motor running at a very low RPM. Fwd and Reverse work fine and the stop run function works fine. The way i finally got the motor to run was by increasing the amps with the up arrow to what was on the motor plate. I guess from here I will take another stab at programing the perameters and maybe even let it auto tune itself. Wish me luck. VFD's should not have to be a Dirty Word. LOL. I will report back when i get it working the way it is intended. I hate threads that are left open with no final outcome. So I"LL BE BACK !

Back