Virus/flu

Don’t think this one came from Spain , probably a diferant part of the world we rely on , they mostly ware masks there.

I was down over a week right after Christmas with it. Still have a cough I can't get rid of.

I heard on the radio that there seems to be more people that actually HAD the flu shot getting this than those who didn't. I'm one of those who didn't. Never had a flu shot and don't care to start now. If it's only a guess at what strain you're going to get, I'll take my chances.

A big problem is our global transportation system. People, not even realizing that they are contagious, can be halfway around the world in less than a day. There is virtually no way of stopping spread of these bugs.
I am fortunate in being retired and living in a rural area. My contact with others is limited to a run for supplies once every ten days or so. No grandkids attending those incubators known as schools. I stay away from hospitals and clinics. For good measure, a couple of shots of brandy for germ control.
:beer bottles:

Just getting over this flu virus it has been a SOB ,before this i haven’t been sick for 20 years. Seems like everybody I know has had it , dose have it , or is getting it , all over the United States. This thing is killing what seems like lots of people country wide ,
hospitals are packed everywhere because of it .
My feeling is it’s not normal or natural for a virus/flu to infect the whole country as this one has.
The conspiracy side of me says that a different country sent it to us on purpose, say one that most all of our stuff comes from now,
Thoughts

Don't forget that the Spanish Flu (1918? Patient Zero though to have been in Etaples, France, spread to Fort Riley, Kansas) killed more than WW1 (estimated 20 - 50 million worldwide, from the Arctic to the Pacific Islands), long before anyone had thought of engineering bio weapons - they'd been used for quite some time though, e.g. Smallpox-contaminated blankets handed out to native Americans.

I think any time population pressure and contact reach high levels it's likely that epidemics / pandemics will occur, and transport links mean that a virus can be on the other side of the globe long before its host shows symptoms - NOWHERE is more than 72 hours away, even if you do the last 100 miles by pack mule or camel. And Flu viruses are one of the fastest-mutating life-forms on our planet, so one year's vaccine may be ineffective against the next's virus :(

Dave H. )the other one)

Friend of mine down in Des Moines is fighting it right now and having one heck of a time with it. The saddest news though is of a local family whose 17 year old son went to bed one evening, sick with the flu (don't know if he was under a doctor's care or not) and was found dead in his bed the next morning.

It's nothing to fool around with, folks.

I heard on the radio that there seems to be more people that actually HAD the flu shot getting this than those who didn't.

Nope not true. Personally I trust the Scientists and Doctors at the CDC more than the purveyors of garbage news on infotainment conspiracy radio programs, but that's just me.

There are multiple strains of the flew going around. The shot helps with a lot, but as stated it does not always catch some of them that turn out to be nasty little bugers. The other problem is you do not know which one you have until you get tested and the results take to long for treatment to be real affective. So they have to treat based off what you tell them. So if you have to go to the doctor tell them. Fill in the gaps, it may help, especially if you do not normally see a doctor, or the same doctor. Since I am prone to Pneumonia I have to catch it early, and tell the doctors, as rarely do I see my normal doctor when I do an urgent appointment.

Glad I live way out in the middle of nowhere. Read Stephen Kings "The Stand"

Son (30yo) caught it and in 3 days it's in his lungs...

Back