Vise size - 4" or 6"

Dave, from what I've seen so far, I would plan on tearing that thing down to the last nut and bolt and giving everything a really good cleaning. None of it is hard to do. Take lots of pics and don't force anything. Sing out if you need help.

It’s absolutely coming completely apart.
It seems to be in good mechanical condition just really dirty. The rack is full of what I bet is the original grease.
Took a bit of coaxing to engage the fine feed clutch. Simply because it hasn’t been used in ages (if ever perhaps)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I was measuring how far out from the column the table came out, not travel, 8" travel. This is full/max Y, and Z.

Waiting for a shipping quote for a GSV-440 from Glacern. It's on sale for $329 from $529 so that seems like a reasonable price to me.
KBC has a 4" Homge for $340 so on a converted dollar comparison the Galcern is $110 more. Of course shipping is going to add a bunch of dollars.

I have 1 6" Kurt, and 2 4" Glacerns for the odd jobs that the work holding would be better. You might check to see if you could get a break on the price, and or shipping if you think you want another one later. I have seen a couple of the crew here with more than one vice/vise.....

They are already at $200 off their regular price so not likely too much room for bargaining but we shall see.

Yeah...I went with the good old Kurt DX6....its HUGE on my PM727. It came with 4"...much more reasonable, however I can crush a 1.25" solid stainless rod like a tin can with the Kurt!! :grin big:

Attachments

• heeter.jpeg
    heeter.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Back