Wall of Shame

GeneT45

Registered
Registered
I was watching a YT video a while back (I think "This Old Tony", but I might be wrong) and at some point he threw a reject part onto a shelf labeled "Wall of Shame". It was mildly interesting at the time, but then today I watched an "Inheritance Machining" video and he threw a reject part into a box labeled "Box of Shame". Does anyone here do this? It strikes me as odd. I moved my shop a few years ago and the largest vehicle involved was an F450 with a 25' gooseneck trailer - probably not big enough to haul all the goofs I've made, even with a separate trip...

OTOH, I do have a museum of partially completed projects... ;-)

GsT

The mistakes go back in the rack to become something smaller. When they no longer have that potential they go in the trash.
That's pretty much what I do. Some get to hang around for a while because they're expensive mistakes - meaning they have so much work into them that they aren't good for much else, but eventually I'll need a spacer or a sacrificial backer or something.

I was digging in a box this afternoon. It’s the Island of Misfit Holsters.
I have had one of those for every style pistol I've owned. Usually I sell off the misfits, but that takes time and effort too. Someone should start a holster rental so you could try them out before plunking down cash only to find out that xxx gets real uncomfortable after three hours...

GsT

Back