Wall of Shame

I just repurposed a seal ring of 316 into a cookie cutter with literally no more work! I missed on the inside shoulder by 0.002” to get the right press fit on a shaft. Everything that we make different than the expected outcome can be something better! There is no wrong!
Pierre

5C04466E-2F7F-413F-8039-C35ED1F49613.jpegC451D586-FD75-4255-AB38-9F1C9E549558.jpeg

I was digging in a box this afternoon. It’s the Island of Misfit Holsters.
My father had a large bag filled with holsters for guns he never owned. All vintage police style for revolvers and pocket ones for maybe a 25. I kept just in case but my guess is they’re extinct.

I knew a guy who knew another guy he worked with who, if he messed up a job, he would cut the whole thing into chips until there was no evidence left.

I knew a guy who knew another guy he worked with who, if he messed up a job, he would cut the whole thing into chips until there was no evidence left.
There's something to be said for that!

When we redid our kitchen, we hired a cabinet maker to make, among other things, a $5K custom island out of cherry and black locust. As one of the final operations, he was using a router to clean up a curved surface. The router bit snapped and router skated across the surface of a bottom shelf, plowing an ugly gouge. He loaded up the island and took it behind the barn where he smashed it with his skid steer. When he told me what he had done, I replied that I would have put Formica laminate on the shelves and sold it to someone else for a couple of $K.

He is a perfectionist but then, that is why we hired him.

Back