Wayne 60 Gas pump restoration

Do you do your own powder coating? That’s another thing I’m interested in

Me too.
Also, check out Cerakote. The company I work for has been experimenting with Cerikote and we have had some positive results with wear. It needs to be oven-cured, however.

So you restore the internals as well? Do you ever use these to pump gas again? On a side note, what type of pump do these use and how do they precisely measure volume?

Me too.
Also, check out Cerakote. The company I work for has been experimenting with Cerikote and we have had some positive results with wear. It needs to be oven-cured, however.

Yes fellas, I do my own powder coating. I use this Eastwood gun.

And, I buy my powder from Powder Buy the Pound.

And, I have an old 1970's oven for curing. I put it on a stand with casters.

I love powder coating parts when I can. No thinners to deal with. Once the part is cooled, it is ready for service, no paint curing time. The coating is highly durable. My only restriction is the part size needs to fit in the oven. Part preparation is the same as painting, clean, clean, clean. I have been powder coating for about 20 years now, and still learning.

Yes fellas, I do my own powder coating. I use this Eastwood gun.

And, I buy my powder from Powder Buy the Pound.

And, I have an old 1970's oven for curing. I put it on a stand with casters.

I love powder coating parts when I can. No thinners to deal with. Once the part is cooled, it is ready for service, no paint curing time. The coating is highly durable. My only restriction is the part size needs to fit in the oven. Part preparation is the same as painting, clean, clean, clean. I have been powder coating for about 20 years now, and still learning.
Well, your parts look amazing. I may check in to ordering the setup you have. Like most guys in here, I do restorations on old machines so it would be nice to have that option in my toolbox. Right now I mix and spray basecoat clearcoat on most everything and it’s gotten where paint is so damn expensive that it’s hard to spray that coating

Back