Weasel moves in to the new shop...

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Well, I began noticing some strange things happening in the shop lately. First it was these unusual droppings and then
a bunch of dead mice partially devoured all lined up like cord wood...:rolleyes:

It wasn't long and I had a visual on the intruder, an ermine all white with a black tip on the tail. There is a small opening in the
shop doors for them to get in so I blocked that off after hopefully chasing him out. They are quick and viscous and apparently
like my new shop environment all insulated with a big wood stove. It's 2800 square feet so lots of room to chase an ermine
around in. I have a friend who has a live trap so will employ that to catch him if he indeed gets back in. These ermines
are some tough customers as there are mouse body parts strewed around and blood as well. Anyhow, I know what I am
up against and expect to get even soon. weasel.jpeg

POP goes the ermine! I mean weasel. He looks cute tho. Probably tear your hand off
How do you plan to dispatch him? Are you going to re-locate him? He might be wary of traps
-Mark

Last edited:
I'm only half way kidding when I say, why not leave him be for now, as he's obviously keeping the mouse population down. Once he cleans them out, he'll likely move on.

Are those also referred to as ferrets?

Last edited:
I will try to live trap him if he shows up again. He doesn't mess with my mouse traps with peanut butter.
I have not seen any mice lately either...

Better than a cat, you don't have to feed him, beware of rabies.

I'm only half way kidding when I say, why not leave him be for now, as he's obviously keeping the mouse population down. Once he cleans them out, he'll likely move on.

Are those also referred to as ferrets?
As I recall, weasels and ferrets are in the same family, but different animals. Sort of like wolves and dogs, roughly speaking.

Tom

Back