Wellsaw shed find.

All 3 saws are flood coolant. They have ball valves near the outlet to control the flow. The valve on the cold saw is set slightly below 50%. Any higher and the drain trough can’t handle the flow when cutting solids. The blade generates so much dwarf it partially plugs th screen in the return. Then the coolant backs up and spills over the top. At slightly less than 50% flow the drain can handle it.

I’m wondering if there’s any kind of “home brew” I could use in my Kool Mist lubricator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling this saw a Wellsaw is incorrect. Rather a W.F. Wells horizontal band saw model #L9. Excellent saw.. Still being made in Three Rivers Michigan since 1925.

The Wellsawsare of different designs and made inKalamizoo Michigan about 25 miles from W.F. Wells plant. Both are run under the same management yet independently today.

I have a 1978 model W.F. Wells L9 bandsaw that I have for sale. Pictured below. It has a swing away mechanical stock stop. But I do not recognize the pictures you posted..

saw3.jpg

saw4.jpgsaw1.jpgsaw2.jpg

I replaced it with a Roll-in Saw builtin Cleveland, Ohio since 1940. It may not be a Marvel: but a great machine at a fraction of the cost..

rollin.jpg

Back