• Over 10 years ago, (September 10, 2010), Nelson Timken, our founder, had a dream of a friendly machinist site, where people could learn the hobby of machining. We want to wish everyone a healthy, happy New Year, full of joy and success. God bless you, and thank you for supporting The Hobby-Machinist.

What Did You Buy Today?

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Don't remember if there is an existing thread like this. Many of you guys like to share your scores so let's try a new ongoing thread...

If your here chances are you love tools & always love to get new ones. This thread is not necessarily for gloating (well maybe) but you can if you want but expect to get a "you suck" compliment!

So what did you buy for the shop today (or recently)? No tool too small or too big, machines, equipment, inexpensive, expensive, good deal or not, whatever. All that matters is if you'd like to share your latest acquisition that put a smile on your face, post 'em up! And you know the drill, we love to see photos!

mikey

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Bought a pair (0-1" and 1-2")of Tesa screw thread micrometers in mint condition on ebay, complete with full set of anvils and a standard. I had been using a Fowler set (Chinese) that was on a semi-permanent loan but that went back last week. I absolutely hate thread wires; I always drop them in the chip pan or on the floor ... always! I've been looking for this set for years now and it finally turned up at a price that was a comparative steal. Just the checking standard, if bought at retail, would have just about covered the cost of this entire set.

IMG_5352.JPG IMG_5354.JPG IMG_5356.JPG

BFHammer

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is a little bit of a duplicate post because it originated out of another thread where I got some great advice.

I'm in the process of tooling up for my first mill and I just ordered a 5" Glacern vise with swivel base and their keyless chuck:

gsv550_swivel_01.jpg Capture.PNG

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock