What Did You Buy Today?

You know Jamie, I'm having fun with this one... You can do more of these, I think we are all getting a kick out of it.
Did you plan on an area in the new shop for this equip? Going to be able to get the cars in there?

Yeah.... that's like when i turned a new handle for the whisk out of some plastic i had laying around. Turned out nice, and she loves that whisk but damn about 2K in tooling for a $15 whisk! I pointed that out and she chuckled and walked away...
I am making progress with her... the other day she says "Why buy it for 10.00 when I can make it for 25.00?" LOL!

In the new house even if it is a small house, because the kids are no longer here, she was able to take over one of the rooms and made it her craft room... She has a few sewing and embroidery machines, printers, Cricut, candle and soap making stuff, knitting materials, etc. It is also her home office setup as well.

Her Space-1.jpeg
Her Space-2.jpeg
Her Space-3.jpeg

Are Ya gonna start a thread in that table when Ya get it so we can all learn from it and know what to expect when/if ours comes in??

I am hoping @pontiac428 starts one so I can also learn from what he is doing... This is all new to me...

You know Jamie, I'm having fun with this one... You can do more of these, I think we are all getting a kick out of it.
Did you plan on an area in the new shop for this equip? Going to be able to get the cars in there?

I do not plan on doing more of these, :D... self-preservation kind of thing, you know? Done for the year and then some. LOL...

Everything will be on wheels/casters.... I will know if everything fits in a month or two... I do have plans on selling two of the cars... eventually...

Remember the milling machine and the lathe is the only thing that stays in the main garage... everything else needs to move to the new space. New shop/garage is shrinking so fast... not even funny...

Last edited:
And my daughter gave me her old Wacom Mobile Studio Pro computer... I need to create my own account as I do not want to get rid of her account in there... I like the background... one of her drawings.

Doing all the updates to the software as this thing has been off for about a year...

View attachment 456619

Those Wacom's are NICE ...

I am making progress with her... the other day she says "Why buy it for 10.00 when I can make it for 25.00?" LOL!

In the new house even if it is a small house, because the kids are no longer here, she was able to take over one of the rooms and made it her craft room... She has a few sewing and embroidery machines, printers, Cricut, candle and soap making stuff, knitting materials, etc. It is also her home office setup as well.

View attachment 456621
View attachment 456622
View attachment 456623
That's nice. She should be very happy with how that turned out.

I did get her tickets for going to a Michael Bublé concert with her sister... That is for September, and this machine will arrive before that... so yeah, I need to do something more...

I did get the .dxf file for the dragonfly... so that is covered. I will get some material to have it ready for that...

View attachment 456620

And my daughter gave me her old Wacom Mobile Studio Pro computer... I need to create my own account as I do not want to get rid of her account in there... I like the background... one of her drawings.

Doing all the updates to the software as this thing has been off for about a year...

View attachment 456619

That is quite the painting, she is obviously talented.

Smart man, I could take a page from your playbook. Here, honey, two tickets to Mister Bubble. No, I'm sure your sister will go with you...

That's how uninterrupted shop time is created!

I don't often start threads, usually I just post in project of the day. I'd be happy to join forces and start a CNC plasma thread, though. Maybe do some ROI calcs... or not.

ArcFlat weld table with legs and a couple of clamps (will make more clamps, just want a couple to see how those are done). AFLEGS discount code gets me the legs for free…

I keep looking at that table. Gonna have to pull the trigger on one sometime soon. I've seen a three section version in person. They look very nice for the price.

Back