What Did You Buy Today?

Some auction plunder.
Everything on that one shelf.
~ $15 with fees and tax.
I put low ball bids on a couple of other items but didnt get them.
That's okay.

Attachments

• 222511214_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpeg.jpg
    222511214_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpeg.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 48
Another boxful from Bolt Depot (I both forgot some fasteners and changed my mind on others for the DRO project, plus added to my stockpile). However, after years (37 orders since 2015!) of buying from BD, they finally made a mistake:

20230914 Bolt Depot Order2037321 Item6635.JPEG
Spot the difference?

Customer Service is available until 7pm during the week (and 5pm on Saturday!!), so I gave them a call and they are sending out the correct item today. I get to keep the wrong item and they are throwing in a couple of 4-40 button heads (you guessed it: I forgot them on this order) at no charge. They did ask for a photo so they can try to figure out what happened.

Another boxful from Bolt Depot (I both forgot some fasteners and changed my mind on others for the DRO project, plus added to my stockpile). However, after years (37 orders since 2015!) of buying from BD, they finally made a mistake:

View attachment 459844
Spot the difference?

Customer Service is available until 7pm during the week (and 5pm on Saturday!!), so I gave them a call and they are sending out the correct item today. I get to keep the wrong item and they are throwing in a couple of 4-40 button heads (you guessed it: I forgot them on this order) at no charge. They did ask for a photo so they can try to figure out what happened.
At least they admitted to their mistake. Good for them!

Amazon sent me the wrong size of a part twice. They had mislabeled it twice. Amazon couldn't be bothered to actually look at the part packaging which stated the size, they put on a different size label. They didn't care to ask for photos, or admit they made a mistake.

Amazon sent me the wrong size of a part twice. They had mislabeled it twice. Amazon couldn't be bothered to actually look at the part packaging which stated the size, they put on a different size label. They didn't care to ask for photos, or admit they made a mistake.
Had the exact same problem with amazon too. Other issues with them have made me check everywhere else first, before I buy on amazon any more.

I like bolt depot. I needed almost five hundred 3/8" bolts, nuts, plus washers a while ago. They were by far the cheapest option with 500 packs of parts needed! As long as they own up to their mistake, I'm good with goofs happening. It's hard to find good help these days...

I gave up on getting the right diopter safety glasses from Amazon a few years ago: they obviously had them in the wrong bin, but as you said no one could be bothered to go out and fix the problem.

Had the exact same problem with amazon too. Other issues with them have made me check everywhere else first, before I buy on amazon any more.

I like bolt depot. I needed almost five hundred 3/8" bolts, nuts, plus washers a while ago. They were by far the cheapest option with 500 packs of parts needed! As long as they own up to their mistake, I'm good with goofs happening. It's hard to find good help these days...
I'm very pleased with their service and the quality of their products. The only reason I posted this was that one mistake in 8 years/37 orders is pretty rare.

With the prices at the local Ace Hardware if I need more than a couple of fasteners it's cheaper to get from Bolt Depot even with shipping.

I'm very pleased with their service and the quality of their products. The only reason I posted this was that one mistake in 8 years/37 orders is pretty rare.

With the prices at the local Ace Hardware if I need more than a couple of fasteners it's cheaper to get from Bolt Depot even with shipping.
How do they compare with McMaster?

How do they compare with McMaster?
McMaster has things (like brass-tipped set screws that I use in my QCTP holders for solid carbide bars), but like Grainger you have to buy in quantity; you can buy 1 or 1,000 from Bolt Depot, with price breaks at 100 (bag) & 1,000 (bulk) – I haven't bought a 1,000 yet, but several times have purchased 100 when the cost difference between what I needed and 100 was minimal.

Back