What Did You Buy Today?

Once I got the boring head cleaned up, I started eyeballing these. The whole kit for about $60. How can you go wrong? Should probably stock up on inserts. There's only two of each size.

You may want to spill the Gen on brand / seller on those. They are purrrdy, real purrrdy indeed!

You may want to spill the Gen on brand / seller on those. They are purrrdy, real purrrdy indeed!
https://a.co/d/aobpSo1

I guess they're closer to $70... The larger ones seem impractical, huge shank with 1/2" round end for the boring head. The small ones seem more realistic.

I Think the inserts are a standard, or at least I hope so! :)

https://a.co/d/aobpSo1

I guess they're closer to $70... The larger ones seem impractical, huge shank with 1/2" round end for the boring head. The small ones seem more realistic.

I Think the inserts are a standard, or at least I hope so! :)
I got these a few months ago. The inserts are standard; I picked up a box of iCarbide TCGT's on eBay (I got mine for $17 + shipping), but haven't tried them yet. I may be able to use TPMW 221 in T-15 from A.R. Warner, 11° instead of 7° relief, which should be OK; however these would be thicker, should still seat OK maybe with a longer screw and I'm thinking just rotate the bar to properly present the cutting edge. I'll have to give ARW a call to see if they have TPMW 21.51 (they do have a limited number of other inserts they don't show on their website).

I got these a few months ago. The inserts are standard...
I looked at those too. Decided on the other set for whatever reason. Did some looking for inserts for the boring bars. The smaller 06 inserts were $12 for a pack of 10. Put an offer in on the middle 09 size inserts, listed for $20 per pack of 10.

For as often as I'll use this, it's probably a lifetime supply. More likely several lifetimes supply.

It is a heavy item! Why in the world do they pack it so poorly!! Arrhghhhh :mad: There has to be broken s*** and missing parts… son of a …. This is the tapper attachment for the G0709…

IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

Last edited:
It is a heavy item! Why in the worl do they pack it so poorly!! Arrhghhhh :mad: There has to be broken s*** and missing parts… son of a …. This is the tapper attachment for the G0709…

View attachment 481356

View attachment 481357

View attachment 481358
Send the photos to Grizzly and ask the same question. If there's anything missing or damaged, they should make you whole. That's failure to package appropriately, which unfortunately seems to be standard these days.

I don't know, I'm inclined to say that's failure to handle the parcel properly regardless of how it's been packaged.

I received a similarly-sized box just a day or two ago and shipped from across the country (Ontario to BC). There was nary a mark on the box, all eight corners were crisp as the day it was packed, and not even a scuffed label. Granted this was a light item -- in this case an aluminum layout square measuring 14" x 24" -- but still, it was clear to me that the 16" x 24" x 12" box had been carried, not kicked nor tossed, to my doorstep.

Lucky? Maybe, but still I think it points to the fact that everyone along the way had some regard for what was in the box and how they did their part in the handling of it.

The bigger problem, I suggest, is that there's nobody accountable other than the original shipper who will, unless they start packaging everything in wooden casks and barrels again, ultimately have to replace the item at their cost. And so shipping costs increase to cover the breakages and they're passed along of course to the consumer.

It's a sad state, it really is.

This is why, when I pack things to ship, I pack with a mindset of "these idiots are going to throw this sh*t about, throw it around and stack heavier sh*t on top because they have a "no f!"£s given" attitude.

I must admit though, I was impressed by LMS! they not only packaged the parts well, it was shipped internationally without even the slightest hint of a dink in the box and it was not a lightweight parcel either!

@wachuko
I hope you're lucky and all is there, in good shape.

Recently I received a similar package from an eBay seller.
The purchase was 6 each 1" diameter x 10" long brass rod.
They bundled them into 3 pairs of 2, but the 3 bundles were free to wander independently.
There was zero dunnage of any description to immobilize the bundles (relative to each other and/or the box).
The opposite corner of the box was slathered with a bunch of USPS logo tape, which I assume was repair (USPS courtesy) that happened early in the process. Amazingly, everything was still there and not significantly beaten up.
2024-02  6x 1 Inch Diameter Brass.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the only acceptable evidence of mishandling in transit is either tire tracks visible on the package or a puncture wound from a fork truck fork. Inadequate packaging is the cause of the damage. Just ask the carrier. And no, I've never worked for a carrier.

Many people irrationally think the carriers will handle their package equivalently to how they handle it.

Back