What Did You Buy Today?

I bought two pieces of 3" dia 304 stainless rod 7/16" long at Coremark metals.
The sawing charge cost more than the material did.
Got the first of a pair of escutcheons made for a shower curtain rod.

Attachments

• 35202431714.jpg
    35202431714.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 16

$250 total into the GT235 at this point . If it would ever stop raining I'd be making progress . :rolleyes:

$250 total into the GT235 at this point . If it would ever stop raining I'd be making progress . :rolleyes:
Place a cover on it... so it has a better chance to last longer.

Got lucky and noticed this shortly after it was posted on CL. I've never had great luck w/ drill sharpeners. But for $50: was a good deal for what they typically go for. Its a TDR 82R. I'll need to make a wheel dresser for it and replace the table stop screw (its bent), but otherwise I think its all there.

PXL_20240405_171344347.jpg

I like those kreg kits. Some people consider it cheating, but it sure makes cabinets go together quickly.
Mine isn't that fancy, but did get it on ebay for a winning bid of $0.01. Not kidding.... :)
I too like the Kreg stuff, good tools....

I bought two pieces of 3" dia 304 stainless rod 7/16" long at Coremark metals.
The sawing charge cost more than the material did.
Got the first of a pair of escutcheons made for a shower curtain rod.
The metal place I go to has a cut off area, I buy most of my metal from there to avoid cut fees....

The metal place I go to has a cut off area, I buy most of my metal from there to avoid cut fees....
We're on the same page as that is what I normally do also.
In this case tho the only piece of 3" stainless they had in the cut off area was about 40" long and no way I wanted that much. So I paid them to make 2 cuts and had just the pieces I needed.
I also decided to change the finish on them. So I pressed the first one back on the mandrel and and recut it.
And now I have a good stock of razor wire too. As is evident by the dummy with the band aid on his finger...

Attachments

• 35202415284.jpg
    35202415284.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 352024153357.jpg
    352024153357.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 29
We're on the same page as that is what I normally do also.
In this case tho the only piece of 3" stainless they had in the cut off area was about 40" long and no way I wanted that much. So I paid them to make 2 cuts and had just the pieces I needed.
I also decided to change the finish on them. So I pressed the first one back on the mandrel and and recut it.
And now I have a good stock of razor wire too. As is evident by the dummy with the band aid on his finger...
Nice work, I like the finish.... I was under the impression that I was the only one that had the razor wire without the warning sticker on it...

Back