What Did You Buy Today?

Well after the thread on a work light for the lathe, I went ahead an ordered this one. I will let you know if it was worth the cost and effort.

View attachment 346315

I am interested in what you think of it. The reviews are mixed but I don't put to much weight on Amazon reviews.

Pulled the trigger on a Fini compressor: 10bar, 150L air tank

5cabd0c2addf672730f94118d8d1b169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a 10” length of 4” 4140 chromoly round bar for $81 delivered.

It is prehardened so that should be interesting to taper turn and part.

20201207_174503.jpg

My latest buy just arrived today... its a Bison NMTB50 to NMTB40 adapter for my Cincinnati mill. The mill came with one NMTB50 arbor, I already had 2 NMTB40 arbors... now I can use them on the mill.

-Bear

Picked up this J.L. Thomson rivet machine for the princely sum of $75, and cost me almost that much to drive to Laramie WY to pick it up. It was much heavier than I had anticipated from the pics. Has to be at least 500#. There was a guy 20yrs younger than me to help load it onto the trailer, but after an attempt or two we hooked a come-a-long to it and finally got it loaded up. The plan is to make table for it, and use it for riveting aluminum boxes and panels. Mike

IMG_20201204_121253121.jpgIMG_20201204_121307937.jpgIMG_20201204_122126381.jpgIMG_20201204_122134406.jpgIMG_20201204_122149463.jpg

I ordered a pneumatic Riv-Nut tool, (2000) 6mm riv-nuts, (2000) 8 mm riv-nuts, 2 complete sets of arbors for the tool, I bought 2 set of solid carbide drill bits, 2 new Metabo grinders and 3 sets of metric Helicoil kits (M6, M8 & M10).

If you've seen my compressor posts, you know I'm gearing up for my car restorations. I received most of my order today - Flexzilla 1/4" high-flow fittings. They are a vast improvement over the standard fittings. I researched it, and looked at Milton, but went with the Flexzilla brand. They appear to be well made, and I hope they hold up. I did some DA sanding last weekend with the old fittings, and can't wait to compare it with the new fittings this weekend. I also bought a Jaco tire inflater/gauge with this purchase to replace mine - the type with the stem that pops up with the readings. My old eyes had a hard time reading it. This new one is analog, but has an easy to read dial gauge. It sure seems to fill up tires qucker with the high flow fitting.

Recap: I have a Husky Pro 7.5HP, 80 Gal compressor with RapdiAir 3/4" plumbed around to tops of my garage walls, with several of their drops. I have a 1/4" coil line at my work bench mostly for the blow gun. I may add dedicated drops for my mill and lathe, but it hasn't been an issue. I have a 3/8" line on a Cox reel that reaches everywhere I need in the garage and driveway. I have a couple of other drops for "just in case" but haven't needed them. One will will likely be for all my spraying operations. All of my hoses and tools will have the high flow fittings.

I have been using Flexilla air fittings for a couple of years now. No complaints. It is nice to have a little extra air for the large air consuming tools.

I've been on the hunt for one of these bad boys for some time as well! Wohlhaupter UPA3 boring/facing head. It came with the original wood case (not pictured) and a few of the bits and bobs, though not a complete set. Cost me about $200 after shipping and everything. I'm pretty darn pleased with the deal.

Just got delivered today. It's a bit grimy, but everything moves smoothly. I'll probably tear it all the way down while cleaning, if only for the curiosity factor.

IMG_8600.jpeg

I've been on the hunt for one of these bad boys for some time as well! Wohlhaupter UPA3 boring/facing head. It came with the original wood case (not pictured) and a few of the bits and bobs, though not a complete set. Cost me about $200 after shipping and everything. I'm pretty darn pleased with the deal.

Just got delivered today. It's a bit grimy, but everything moves smoothly. I'll probably tear it all the way down while cleaning, if only for the curiosity factor.

View attachment 346502

Nice find. Before you unleash your curiosity be sure to check the youtube. There is a nice video of such a disassembly (IIRC from Stefan Gotteswinter). Please be aware they contain some gears and springs and it needs to be assembled in exactly the same order since some parts are matched.

At some point I wanted to get a similar one but upon inspecting it I noticed it was not properly assembled and owner admitted he got curious. Ended up not buying that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back