What Did You Buy Today?

Christmas came early iGot some new toys last month for the shop and now it’s to the point that I need a bigger shop cause I’m running out of room

Very nice. Did you go through them and restore them or purchase in that condition. Those will be a great addition to your shop.

Very nice. Did you go through them and restore them or purchase in that condition. Those will be a great addition to your shop.
I was VERY lucky to run across all this it was all from one guy off Craig’s list and it all had been sitting for a while there is also a big vertical band saw that I might get from him to the one thing that I missed was a monarch lathe that he had and I missed that by a few hours it was like brand new shape 14x54 very tooled up with a dro and ask this stuff was 30 mins from where I live witch is unheard of because I all find some good deals but there always so far away

OK, not the most exciting purchase I have made, but I wanted a dedicated 22mm Offset box end wrench that I would use on my AXA Tool Post to swival. My intention is to cut off the end I don't need so that it is the handle that I want.

1607907677880.png

Also, I posted earlier that I purchased a work light for the lathe and even did an evaluation on another thread. Come to find out they forgot to pack the mounting bracket that was suppose to come with it. It was a cheap sheetmetal bracket, but I let them know and they had indicated that they would replace it. Got an email today that indicated they have no spare parts here in the US and will be sending me another complete light with the bracket to compensate me for the inconvenience.

I will say this, that is customer service. The bracket couldn't cost them more than a dollar to produce, but to send a complete light that is amazing.

@KevinM
Do a Google search for Commercial and Industrial Auctioneers in your area. Once you find some, get on their notification lists and then just check out each auction to see if anything is of interest to you.

Remember there are other fees that are on top of your purchase.
Loading sometimes is an additional charge
Your bid will be plus the Auction house service charge. It can be from 10% - 15% so be sure to add this to your bid for the total cost
and then there is Sales Tax if it applies in your or their area.

For example:

I bid $100
Auction Fee 15%
Sales Tax 10%
Total $126.50

Last edited:
How do I find tool auctions in my area?
Try googling for "auctions near <my city>". You'll get lots of hits. The trick with auctions is that you have to look at a lot of them to find
the bargains. I frequently find that prices are too high for "as is" "where is" merchandise. It is not unusual for things to sell for new retail
prices. You'll have a lower hit rate but a better chance of getting a "you suck" bargain at non-machinist auctions. I bought a Dumore 44
tool post grinder in decent shape for $35 in an action of woodworking tools. Have patience and be prepared to buy things that may not
be on your immediate shopping list.

@KevinM
Remember there are other fees that are on top of your purchase.
Loading sometimes is an additional charge
Your bid will be plus the Auction house service charge. It can be from 10% - 15% so be sure to add this to your bid for the total cost
and then there is Sales Tax if it applies in your or their area.

For example:

I bid $100
Auction Fee 15%
Sales Tax 10%
Total $126.50

Very important to be aware of the additional fees. Also, decide what it is worth to you before you start bidding and STOP when the
bid reaches your limit.

Back