What Did You Buy Today?

@slodat
You've got me curious again.
In your picture showing the disc sander, please identify the white radiused "L" pieces hanging on the pegboard.
I assume they're templates for cutting/sanding corner radii but I've never seen those.
I googled what I thought (guessed) I could read but no luck.

@slodat
You've got me curious again.
In your picture showing the disc sander, please identify the white radiused "L" pieces hanging on the pegboard.
I assume they're templates for cutting/sanding corner radii but I've never seen those.
I googled what I thought (guessed) I could read but no luck.

They are router templates used in car audio and interior fabrication. Since I got the cnc router and co2 laser I mostly use them for layout and then draw in CAD and cut on cnc equipment. The arcs are nice for picking up a line off a car for example.

396867c3c927f33d251a454de34a3a5d.file

They are router templates used in car audio and interior fabrication. Since I got the cnc router and co2 laser I mostly use them for layout and then draw in CAD and cut on cnc equipment. The arcs are nice for picking up a line off a car for example.

396867c3c927f33d251a454de34a3a5d.file
Wow. that is a lot of templates. Nice shop BTW

I bought a 5” straight tail lathe dog & a bunch of small straight tail lathe dogs from Machine Shop Discount Supply.

I had thought that the tails on the smaller ones were too short to reach my driving pin, but I figured out a way to get a dog driving pin closer to the centerline. I am working on that project later today.

6AA59D04-161E-43E0-A255-B92F1857F091.png

I used to do a lot of resin casting, but it went into hibernation after I moved (8 years ago). I'm really wanting to get started up again so just got myself a nice 5 gallon pressure pot to replace the cheap 2.5 gallon HF pot I had. It should get here on Tuesday. Now I have to start looking around to find out what the current hotness is for resin supplies, after 8 years I'm a little out of the loop.

1612051954143.png

I used to do a lot of resin casting, but it went into hibernation after I moved (8 years ago). I'm really wanting to get started up again so just got myself a nice 5 gallon pressure pot to replace the cheap 2.5 gallon HF pot I had. It should get here on Tuesday. Now I have to start looking around to find out what the current hotness is for resin supplies, after 8 years I'm a little out of the loop.

View attachment 353290
That looks like some serious equipment for resin casting. What do you cast?

@slodat What CNC router do you have?

5’ x 8’ Chinese router. I bought it from Hytek Tools and paid a premium for it at the time. It was my first cnc machine. I had to replace the controls. It came with Mach3 and was not at all stable or reliable. Replaced control with Centroid Acorn and it has been a great machine since.

Back